I am speechless over the latest tactic to get people to Pioneer!

by iclone 45 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how long it will be before they print everyone's name on a database and send in applications for everyone that is not disfellowshipped or has not been reproved or reinstated within the past year, and then call that a commitment to auxiliary pious-sneer. All that without even getting one of those pieces of rubbish shoved in your face--so you don't get the chance to shred it. Then they will announce all those who are "eligible" (all baptized publishers who were not reproved or reinstated during the past year) as having "applied". Anyone protesting that they never applied will be sent to the back room for hounding.

Then, at the end of the month, anyone not reaching at least 30 hours will be hauled to Guantanamo Bay the back room.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The Service overseer in one cong I used to attend made an announcement from the platform that his goal was to have ALL the elders and MS and their wives pioneer in April. One of the wives was angry that she was publically put on the spot like that.( the whole fam eventually left the borg)

I have been handed aux slips many times in various halls. I also resented the pressure that put on me. Hopefully, this tactic will backfire on more and more Dubs who are close to having their carts loaded!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Seems they are desperate to get the numbers up. Quanity over quality.

Bangalore

• designs
    designs

The Society has gone from a volunteer army to the Draft.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

Wow it stunned me that they knowing you haven't been at the meetings in a while would even consider putting your name on a form. I thought, unless it has changed that in order to pioneer regular or aux you had to have consistent field service. How things have changed and how they must need the hours.

Even for them to have your name on a form that night is ridiculous!

you stood your ground well done.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

This tactic will work - for some it is very hard to say no especially to a personal request from an elder. Pressure, pressure, pressure.

What does the phrase the "dirty thirty" relate too - surely not how many hours is required now? have I been out that long?

What are the target hours for Auxiliary, Regular Auxiliary and Regular Pioneering?

mmxiv

• moshe
    moshe

Quantity, not quality is what the KH is looking for today---

I hope the elders don't make him shave off his mutton chops--

-

• blondie
    blondie

I found this appalling. Good responses. I don't give that elder that out. If he is so much better than the others, why did he not see the lack of christian process. I will mention that my husband was an elder before I say there are 2 types of elders the pushy ones and the cowardly ones who won't speak up against them. I have seen a few who did speak up and unltimately lost their "position."

I have seen some that fit the analogy of seeing elders abuse the flock and just stand by and do nothing.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Eh. I don't think that was a big deal. What, you've never gottten a solicitation that you've been pre-approved! for whatever? I think you over-reacted.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

I was told by an elder the other week that my husband and I should put our forms in even if we didn't think we could do the hours

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit