Africa Investment Summit 2012 and Watchtower

by TJ Curioso 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mr Facts
    Mr Facts

jwfacts - The watchtower already gave up on God's Kingdom, their goal at the moment is to secure their properties and keep their membership base growing stronger

• Think About It
    Think About It

I remember when the JW's looked down on members who played the stock market. They openly called it gambling. I quickly learned to keep anything related to investing a private matter around these wack jobs. I remember all the pressure this cult would put on people to just give up their jobs and pioneer. What a load of crap. Now you have the WTS sending investment representatives to fancy investment summits that cost $7,000 each to attend. No matter what crap goes on JW's still cling to that hypocritical organization.

If God is directiing that orgnization you would think they would be the Masters of Wall Street.

Think About It

• Zordino
    Zordino

Its ridiculous! I've known about their Hedge Fund investing for some time. They are a Disgusting bunch of Maggots in my view! Enslaving the poor R & F to run around buying/selling their crap literature (would even wipe my ass with) giving up an Education, their free time, a good Job, retirement etc. And giving donations, supporting the Building work etc. while they do the very things their own teachings discourage. BASTARDS!

• cantleave
  • JHK
    JHK

To see the list, introduce in Google:

www.terrapinn.com/...africa/.../Investorlist2.pdf

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Maybe Jah will give the Borg rep's oportunity to give a 'Finnnnnnne Witnesssssss'

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

dirty money grubbing 'religion'.

I wonder how many of the big boys raise an eyebrow when intoduced to Mr so and so from the Watchtower Bible and Tract society...? and go huh, WTF?

Oz

• dozy
    dozy

The WTBTS of Britain has 59.7 million GBP invested in securities of which over 49 million is invested abroad.

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends61/0001077961_AC_20100831_E_C.PDF

so I guess they would argue that they have a significant interest in foreign investments. Actually I would take the $7000 admission fee with a pinch of salt - they would have been given a couple of free tickets by Merrill Lynch. ( I used to know one of the accountants in the UK branch - he told me that if he accepted every invitation to some rubber chicken city seminar that he was given that he literally would never be at his desk - he used to pass most of them off to Branch committee members or a couple of his pals.)

It will be a comfortable couple of days off for the 2 guys enjoying a couple of sumptious free 5 course lunches with a glass or 2 of champagne being waited on by attractive women with attire that isn't really in harmony with the Bethel handbook and sitting watching a few Powerpoint presentations from some hapless guy trying to sell investments in diamond mines in Sierra Leone (these guys are used to sitting in an audience being bored stiff for a couple of hours). Hey - for a couple of middle aged guys it beats sitting in an office in Millhill drinking Nescafe , bolting down a 20 minute lunch in the Bethel canteen and sitting at a desk bored stiff all day thinking about Sister Hottie from Paddington & trying to look busy every time Ron Drage passes the office door.

b. WTBTS of Britain UK and overseas investments at market value:

Total market values of investment assets held at 31 August 2010 are analysed as follows:

Cash and liquid

assets

Listed

investments

Unlisted

investments Total

£'000 £'000 £'000 £'000

Investment assets in the UK 11,000 - - 11,000

Investment assets outside the UK 8,684 29,474 10,544 48,702

Market value at 31 August 2010 19,684 29,474 10,544 59,702

Unlisted investments are comprised of various funds and derivatives managed by professional firms and banks.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

As one Jehovahs Witness said to me just last week "we are not interested in money." However we know the truth it's a publishing business run by slave labour, capitalists love it.

Money money money it's a rich mans world ah! ah!

It's against the public interest to prosecute the G.B. don't forget.-------------------------- Reason, top draw investors.

I think they should put a new slogan on the Watchtower masthead "Contribute for we are no part of the World"

• JWB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit