Family shunning - I finally had to give it my parents

by jworld 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Zordino
    Zordino

Good for you Jworld, The GB has divided too many families. When I was D'fd, my parents still kept a normal relationship with me. But its not a usual thing. I guess its cause my parents are Italian and you know what they say " Never go against the family" (A Godfather quote) LoL All kidding aside, it sounds like your dad will come around. Just keep the lines open and keep showing him the ridiculousness of the D'fing policy.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Well played jworld!

I wish I'd said more as you did when I had the opportunity. My father once asked me if I thought he'd been moral, what kind of question is that!? All I could manage was "I think you're religion has coloured your judgement, and led you to make some bad decisions". I too, thought that, that had upset him - didn't change anything though! Too late now though.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

And now they are parading their current policy of avoiding family as "Gods Command" to Avoid all contact with DF relatives.

Commands of men as doctrines... Woe to the Scribes and Pharisees of Crooklyn Beth Hell.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit