ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM AT BROOKLYN

by The Searcher 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pterist
    Pterist

@ londo111

Do you know where this book is available that shows this doctrine of the composite Christ ?

And which publications changed it during Rutherford's time ?

Thanks in advance :)

• Londo111
    Londo111

I lent my book out, so I don't have it handy. I believe it had all the references.

However, there has been discussion on this forum about this in the past:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/126748/1/How-is-the-e2809cMystery-Doctrinee2809d-from-e2809cThe-Three-Worldse2809d-still-playing-out

• Pterist
    Pterist

@londo111

Thanks my friend and brother in Christ.....

This link also got me this ..:)

http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/bsl/Library/Russell/3Worlds/3worlds.pdf

• label licker
    label licker

Again, we go back to the Torah and all what Yehovah had commanded us and Yeshuah to do. It's all there in the first five books of Moses or the book of instructions. And those who follow it are his people(Israel). If you listen to some of the Torah teachers they all agree that the covenant is a renewed covenant.

Good job The Searcher (luv your puppy dog)

• Fernando
    Fernando

It seems the modern-day Sanhedrin has applied their convoluted and twisted reasoning to this elephant for some time now:

*** w65 11/15 pp. 687-688 par. 24 The Truthteller Steps In with an Oath ***
    Then, about the year 96 of our Common Era, in two of the visions that the apostle John recorded in the book Revelation the exact number of the spiritual seed of Abraham who are joined to the Principal Seed was revealed, namely, the perfectly balanced number of 144,000.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Searcher:

Thank you very much for this easy-to-understand explanation. I talked to my dad about the "Jesus is NOT our mediator" doctrine and he was SHOCKED!! Absolutely SHOCKED...

He said "I always thought that Jesus WAS our mediator"... and I said, nope, according to "official JW doctrine"... Jesus is NOT our mediator...

Which showed me that everyone's different. For me, the straw that broke the camel's back was that the Tetragramatton does not appear in the NT. For my dad, it is shocking that this is our official doctrine. He wants me to show him the WT's where it appears (which I will soon do so, gladly ;)

Then the explanation has to be, why is "Jesus is NOT our mediator" WRONG?

Thanks for this post!!

ILTTATT

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

That's a good point Searcher! It can be used to compare what the Bible says with what the Org says. "Which one is correct?" ask that to a JW and see the huge cog diss happen. Worked on my husband.

• Refriedtruth
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

Any one else becomes Abraham's seed only by faith in Christ. 'Faith in Christ' is in place of being one of his natural offspring (of which he had none, probably for that reason, so as to keep the 'faith' demarcation clear).

So there is no such thing as a "composite seed." There is Christ, who is Abraham's seed, and there are all of Christ's 'offspring' via their faith in him.

(Galatians 3:26-29 NWT) . . .YOU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of YOU who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus. 29 Moreover, if YOU belong to Christ, YOU are really Abraham's seed, heirs with reference to a promise.

Good points, Searcher. "Composite seed" is a counterfeit phrase, used to sell the idea that the "seed of Abraham" is more than one, but not more than 144,001.

In Galatians 4:21-31, Paul compares the new covenant with Sarah and quotes from Isaiah 54:1

(Galatians 4:27 NWT) . . .For it is written: “Be glad, you barren woman who does not give birth; break out and cry aloud, you woman who does not have childbirth pains; for the children of the desolate woman are more numerous than [those] of her who has the husband.”

Those in the new covenant at that time had not yet outnumbered those in the Law covenant, but the process had begun. If those in the new covenant would only number 144,001, it would represent a serious failure of what Paul expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit