Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses to Escape Judgment for Crimes Against the Children?

by 3Mozzies 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I hope that everyone on JWN instead of feeling gutted or disappointed will remember the actions of Steven Unthank, his love and compassion for JW children, and will take action instead of being afraid of the WTBTS. Think outside the box and help to educate people and politicians about the dangers of dangerous cults like the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

This may not help protect JW children, but I hope that it does encourage government officials to enforce Victoria's child protection laws. I sent another email to the Director of the OPPV today asking him to answer 3 questions. Since no news organization has covered the cases that Steven Unthank was prosecuting, I thought that I should cc my email to Victorian Parliament members, to Senator Xenophone, and Steven Unthank.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    Cc:
    Hon Mr Bruce Atkinson <[email protected]>; Mr Greg Barber <[email protected]>; Ms Candy Broad <[email protected]>; Mrs Andrea Coote <[email protected]>; Ms Georgie Crozier <[email protected]>; Hon Richard Dalla-Riva <[email protected]>; Ms Kaye Darveniza <[email protected]>; Hon David Davis <[email protected]>; Mr Philip Davis <[email protected]>; Mr Damian Drum <[email protected]>; Mr Khalil Eideh <[email protected]>; Mr Nazih Elasmar <[email protected]>; Mr Andrew Elsbury <[email protected]>; Mr Bernie Finn <[email protected]>; Hon Matthew Guy <[email protected]>; Hon Peter Hall <[email protected]>; Ms Colleen Hartland <[email protected]>; Mr Gavin Jennings <[email protected]>; Mr David Koch <[email protected]>; Mrs Jan Kronberg <[email protected]>; Mr Shaun Leane <[email protected]>; Mr John Lenders <[email protected]>; Hon Wendy Lovell <[email protected]>; Ms Jenny Mikakos <[email protected]>; Mr David O'Brien <david.o'[email protected]>; Mr Edward O'Donohue <edward.o'[email protected]>; Mr Craig Ondarchie <[email protected]>; Hon Martin Pakula <[email protected]>; Ms Sue Pennicuik <[email protected]>; Mrs Donna Petrovich <[email protected]>; Mrs Inga Peulich <[email protected]>; Ms Jaala Pulford <[email protected]>; Mr Simon Ramsay <[email protected]>; Hon Gordon Rich-Phillips <[email protected]>; Mr Johan Scheffer <[email protected]>; Mr Adem Somyurek <[email protected]>; Mr Lee Tarlamis <[email protected]>; Mr Brian Tee <[email protected]>; Ms Gayle Tierney <[email protected]>; Mr Matt Viney <[email protected]>; Hon Jacinta Allan <[email protected]>; Hon Daniel Andrews <[email protected]>; Mr Neil Angus <[email protected]>; Hon Louise Asher <[email protected]>; Hon Ted Baillieu <[email protected]>; Ms Ann Barker <[email protected]>; Mr Brad Battin <[email protected]>; Mrs Donna Bauer <[email protected]>; Ms Liz Beattie <[email protected]>; Mr Gary Blackwood <[email protected]>; Mr Colin Brooks <[email protected]>; Mr Tim Bull <[email protected]>; Mr Neale Burgess <[email protected]>; Hon Christine Campbell <[email protected]>; Mr Anthony Carbines <[email protected]>; Hon Robert Clark <[email protected]>; Mr Peter Crisp <[email protected]>; Ms Lily D'Ambrosio <lily.d'[email protected]>; Hon Hugh Delahunty <[email protected]>; Hon Martin Dixon <[email protected]>; Mr Luke Donnellan <[email protected]>; Ms Jo Duncan <[email protected]>; Ms Maree Edwards <[email protected]>; Mr John Eren <[email protected]>; Mr Martin Foley <[email protected]>; Ms Christine Fyffe <[email protected]>; Ms Jane Garrett <[email protected]>; Mr Michael Gidley <[email protected]>; Ms Judith Graley <[email protected]>; Ms Danielle Green <[email protected]>; Ms Bronwyn Halfpenny <[email protected]>; Mr Joe Helper <[email protected]>; Ms Jill Hennessy <[email protected]>; Mr Steve Herbert <[email protected]>; Mr David Hodgett <[email protected]>; Hon Tim Holding <[email protected]>; Mr Geoff Howard <[email protected]>; Ms Natalie Hutchins <[email protected]>; Ms Marlene Kairouz <[email protected]>; Mr Andrew Katos <[email protected]>; Ms Sharon Knight <[email protected]>; Hon Nicholas Kotsiras <[email protected]>; Mr Telmo Languiller <[email protected]>; Mr Hong Lim <[email protected]>; Hon Justin Madden <[email protected]>; Mr Tim McCurdy <[email protected]>; Mr Frank McGuire <[email protected]>; Hon Andrew McIntosh <[email protected]>; Ms Cindy McLeish <[email protected]>; Mr James Merlino <[email protected]>; Ms Elizabeth Miller <[email protected]>; Mr David Morris <[email protected]>; Hon Terry Mulder <[email protected]>; Hon Dr Denis Napthine <[email protected]>; Mr Don Nardella <[email protected]>; Hon Lisa Neville <[email protected]>Senator Nick Xenophon; <[email protected]>; Steven Unthank <[email protected]>; Hon Richard Wynne <[email protected]>; Ms Lorraine Wreford <[email protected]>; Hon Mary Wooldridge <[email protected]>; Hon Kim Wells <[email protected]>; Mr Paul Weller <[email protected]>; Mr Graham Watt <[email protected]>; Hon Peter Walsh <[email protected]>; Mr Nick Wakeling <[email protected]>; Mrs Heidi Victoria <[email protected]>; Mr Ian Trezise <[email protected]>; Mr Bill Tilley <[email protected]>; Hon Marsha Thomson <[email protected]>; Mr Murray Thompson <[email protected]>; Dr Bill Sykes <[email protected]>; Mr David Southwick <[email protected]>; Hon Ryan Smith <[email protected]>; Hon Ken Smith <[email protected]>; Mr Geoff Shaw <[email protected]>; Mr Robin Scott <[email protected]>; Hon Peter Ryan <[email protected]>; Ms Dee Ryall <[email protected]>; Ms Fiona Richardson <[email protected]>; Hon Jeanette Powell <[email protected]>; Hon Bronwyn Pike <[email protected]>; Mr Jude Perera <[email protected]>; Hon John Pandazopoulos <[email protected]>; Mr Tim Pallas <[email protected]>; Hon Michael O'Brien <michael.o'[email protected]>; Mr Russell Northe <[email protected]>; Mr Wade Noonan <[email protected]>; Mr Clem Newton-Brown <[email protected]>

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:12 PM
    Subject: Why Did You Decide Not to Enforce the Victoria's "Working with Children Act 2005"?

Dear Mr John Champion SC,

I respectfully ask that you publicly answer the following questions:

· Please elaborate why you decided to discontinue prosecuting the following 5 cases based on "an evidentiary level, there is no reasonable prospect of conviction in relation to these offences.” and it "is not in the public interest"? Steven Unthank sent you an email asking you to reconsider your decision and his reasons why on February 20, 2011. Also, other interested persons, such as myself, sent you emails asking you to reconsider your decision because government inaction regarding the cases would further cripple the "Working with Children Act of 2005".

o Corporate Accused: GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (Case No.: B12083527),

o Corporate Accused: FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE (Case No.: B12083367),

o Corporate Accused: CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (Case No.: B12083108),

o Corporate Accused: WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA, INC. (Case No.: B12083833), and

o WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF AUSTRALIA (Case No.: B12082206)

· Why did you wait until the day before the hearing date of February 21, 2012 to notify Steven Unthank, who was acting prosecutor, of your decision? Your last minute notification gave you insufficient time to fully consider and address Steven Unthank's (and others) concerns about dropping the cases without going to trail.

· How did your actions strengthen enforcement of "Working with Children Act of 2005" and instill confidence in the OPPV to serve Justice and the Community?

I checked the media link for the Office of Public Prosecutions, Victoria today February 23, 2012 (Australian time), and could not find any public notification of any of the aforementioned cases nor an explanation of your decision on February 21, 2012.

In the past several months I have written you emails (see attached emails) trying to help you to understand how important it is to prosecute the leadership of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, instead of individual Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW), who did not comply with Victorian Child protection law(s). The Society is a dangerous cult and points a “Shun Gun” at the mind of every JW and everyday to blindly follow the Society’s leadership. Imagine your JW parents, children, relatives, and/or friends blindly following the Society’s instructions to shun talking and communicating with you because you publicly disagree with their policy of not following Victoria’s child protection laws - Steven Unthank is living that reality. Steven Unthank’s cases were aimed at bringing to justice the Watchtower leadership, rather than further persecuting JWs and wasting precious resources of Victorians.

Thank you in advance for reading my email and I look forward to reading your public answers to my questions. Also, I apologize for sending you two copies of the same email so that I could cc this email to more than 100 other people.

Regards,

Robert

cc: 40 Members of Victoria’s Legislative Council

87 Members of Victoria’s Legislative Assembly

Steven Unthank

Senator Nick Xenophon

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:24 PM
    Subject: Please Prosecute to the Fullest Extent Steven Unthank's Private Criminal Prosecutions

Dear John Champion SC,

I respectfully request that the Office of Public Prosecutions Victoria (OPPV) prosecute to the fullest extent of the law the following cases:

· Corporate Accused: GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (Case No.: B12083527),

· Corporate Accused: FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE (Case No.: B12083367),

· Corporate Accused: CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (Case No.: B12083108),

· Corporate Accused: WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA, INC. (Case No.: B12083833), and

· WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF AUSTRALIA (Case No.: B12082206)

Although I am an American citizen and father, I was deeply saddened today to learn that the OPPV plans to take over prosecuting the aforementioned cases and then dismiss them on February 21, 2012. I was hoping that after writing to you in November 2011 (see attached email) that you would have a better understanding of the significant strategic consequences of not fully prosecuting the aforementioned cases. Even if the OPPV is not successful in prosecuting the aforementioned cases, a significant message will be sent to the Watchtower Leadership - Follow the Law! Have you considered how the OPPV's planned dismissals will further weaken Victoria's Child Protection Laws and be interpreted by the Society's leadership? The Society is a dangerous cult and its leadership views governments with the utmost contempt, so in a year or two the Society may again direct its Victorian elders not to follow Victorian Child Protection law(s).

Please reconsider your decision to dismiss the aforementioned cases. If Victorian government officials fail to prosecute the aforementioned cases, then Steven Unthank will be the last hope for Victorian JW children for protection from child abuse and molestation by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Regards,Robert

To: [email protected]
    Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2011 11:32 AM
    Subject: Please Take Over Prosecution of Cases by Steven Unthank

Dear John Champion SC,

I respectfully request that the Office of Public Prosecutions Victoria take over prosecuting from Steven Unthank of Steven Unthank versus the Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses (CID B12083527), Christian Congregation Of Jehovah's (CID B12083108), Faithful And Discreet Slave (CID B12083367), Watch Tower Bible And Tract Society (CID B12083833), and Watchtower Bible And Tract Society (CID B12082206). Steven Unthank has done a fantastic prosecution to date, but is not as well trained to prosecute the aforementioned cases as the Office of Public Prosecutions is. A joint effort with the Office of Public Prosecutions in the lead prosecutors role and Steven Unthank as subject matter expert would increase the possibility of successfully winning the aforementioned cases.

Although the prosecution of the Watchtower and its leaders may appear insignificant, it may have much broader ramifications when viewing the international reach and history of the Watchtower. Please view the following web pages to understand how the Watchtower and its leaders operate: http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/bulgaria-blood-transfusions.php , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAC9kS_EqM , http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/war-of-words-breaks-out-among-jehovahs-witnesses-2361448.html . The Watchtower is a dangerous cult as defined by Steve Hassan in his book Combatting Cult Mind Control and viewing his website www.freedomofmind.com . To understand a dangerous cult like the Watchtower, the OPPV will need subject matter experts like Steve Hassan and former JWs, because although the Watchtower and its leaders do speak English the words they use may have a different meaning than a normal person would interpret. If the OPPV needs additional subject matter experts or would like to obtain photocopies of previous Watchtower literature, I recommend that the OPPV become members of English-speaking exJW forums such as www.jehovahs-witness.net , www.jwsupportforum.com , exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com , and www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com and request information from members of those forums.

I hope and pray that the OPPV tenaciously prosecutes the Watchtower and its leaders, because, if the OPPV does not, the Watchtower may after a year or two stop complying with Victoria's child protection law because of the arrogance of the Watchtower's leaders that they are superior to worldly governments. Also, I hope that if the Watchtower is successfully prosecuted in Australia so that legislators in all governments will enact laws to scrutinize organizations that apply for tax exempt and charitable government programs to exclude organizations that are dangerous cults. Reducing funding sources for dangerous cults is possibly the least expensive way to eradicate them.

Please call if you have questions,Robert
  • DT
    DT

ABibleStudent,

Thank you for sending those emails. I think the public deserves answers about how this case was handled by the prosecuter. The way that he took over the cases to discontinue them with almost no warning sure seems cowardly. I would be happy to hear his public comments if I'm mistaken in how I view the situation.

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

I thought I would revive this thread while the Royal Commission into Child Sex Abuse in Victoria Australia was still ongoing.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit