I am going to have Acupuncture for my depression - anyone done this??

by hamsterbait 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

Thank you, Dr. Mind Blown.

• talesin
    talesin

I was reaching for something in the cupboard, and it struck me.

About 5 years ago, I was having an unexplainable bout with depression. My doctor (MD) decided to test me to see if I was having a Folic Acid deficiency (part of the B complex). Off I went to the lab, and sure enough, I was. He told me to take 400mg /day (which was one tab of the brand I bought). It cleared up the depression. You may want to talk to your Primary care provider (ie, your General Practioner) re this.

NOTE: Not a placebo, but a MEDICAL FACT.

Glander, I don't know if you are a medical practitioner or not, but your little comment was quite condescending. It's dangerous to lump all other methods of helping depression, including therapy,,, as 'placebos', just because they are not funding the pharmaceutical companies.

tal

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I've been off antidepressants for over a year now. I was basically on them for over 5 years previously. I tried to get off but always had to return. Vitamin D, and B, are helpful, but once I started taking anatabine supplements I didn't need antidepressants anymore.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Ha... I know I'm such a freak...sorry

P.S. if it's hormonal imbalance due to change or that time of month, Black Cohosh (natural hormone herb) is amazing as well as Primrose Oil (balance hormones). Try Black Cohosh first.

The Atenenol is doctor prescribed. A lot of women suffer from depression and heart palpatations during the change. Hormones control "everything" heart rthym, brain (memory), mood, energy etc.....

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I am beyond the stage of alternative therapy.

My first appointment is next week. I have just spent the weekend crying and thinking of how to kill myself painlessly. I phoned a good friend (30 yrs) last night and that was a big help.

I know this doesnt sound like me, but I took the day off, and lay in bed...

I had a victorian grandmother (born 1901 died 1998) lived with us until I was 17. The spankings and twisted values have done their work.

I dont want to seem like an attention whore. I cant believe how rapidly I have spiralled down in just a couple of days.

HB

• finally awake
    finally awake

I have sent you a pm hamsterbait

• tornapart
    tornapart

Not me but my son did.. it worked for him..

• mind blown
    mind blown

oh hon....tight squeeze...we don't think you're a attention whore...you're in authentic pain

I'm glad to hear you've made an appointment to see someone and you also phoned your friend. You should never deny your pain...just know if you can give it a little time it will lighten up....right now it's the worst of it...it can and will lessen.....I promise you.....

• Glander
    Glander

Hamster. Many of us have been where you are and we have survived and thrived. Never give up.

Gregor

• still thinking
    still thinking

Oh dear hamster bait....big hug for you

I'm glad to hear you contacted a friend. Isolating yourself is one of the worst things you can do. And so easy to do when we feel down.

Interesting advice on here for menopause...I am going through this now and it messess with me something shocking. I don't even realize how I'm feeling until it gets really bad. The evening primrose helps greatly as does the folic acid. Black cohosh is fantastic but a bit pricey for ongoing treatment. (well it is here in NZ).

Anyway, in general, apart from all the fantastic info here. I would say setting a goal for the day helps a lot. If you feel like you have achieved something, no matter how small, it goes a long way to improving mood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit