Clear distinction of people on JWN

by cptkirk 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• elderelite
    elderelite

#9 Self absorbed assholes who pigedon hole people into narrowly defined catagories randomly so they can feel smart

• Caedes
    Caedes

It's interesting how disparaging all those catagories are except the one the OP has decided to put him/herself into?! It is also interesting that within a few minutes of posting about an interesting 'science project' someone has found at least two whole categories of posters that the OP ignored. Sounds to me like this 'science project' is nothing more than an opportunity for someone to try and denigrate a whole bunch of people they have never met or properly talked to, perhaps someone can explain exactly what was scientific about that?

I'm thinking the OP must have been a wonderful JW and hasn't stopped looking down on people since.

Cpt Kirk, the next time you are 'debating in intellectual circles' you could get someone who actually understands science to explain how it works. You see you don't just make stuff up and then get to call it science. Also perhaps you get get someone to explain how to talk to us mere mortals without coming across as a completely arrogant c*ck.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I agree with elderlite, most of the catagories were insulting to a wide range of people who are on this forum. Far too opinonated. This is an interesting premise that should be explored without simplistic conclusions mandated.

• Think About It
    Think About It

About as much "science" as an Awake magazine. Maybe he should forward his cracked code of apostate personality findings to the WTS for Theocratic warfare purposes.

Think About It

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

#10 Punk rocker to the core! I gob on categories! WAN TOO FREE FOUR Dananananananananananananananananan (I'm pogoing to the beat)

Being as we are, complicated people, I think there can be no definitive category to encompass all.

As we have seen from the answers it looks as if we are all a 'composite'(TM) dipping into varied categories.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Not sure I fit any of those, most of them sound pretty condescending on the part of the OP

Guess I would have to be a modified #6 like mr flipper

. . born in, left . . not thrown out, knew it was bullshit from a young age . . like 12, just from observing my father's over the top self righteousness.

Left twice actually before I really woke up . . got my Engineering Degree and a life. Moved on . . but still have some baggage . .

Been on this site since the old H2O daze . .

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I would categorize most people here as 6. The vast numbers who were able to do college at an advanced age. Many people have successful business and a normal life. This is not a forum for losers. Also, many 1s become 6s.

I was born-in and left mentally at 14, and physically when my father died when I was sixteen. The categories aren't that helpful. The Witnesses were my agonized youth. None of my worldly friends truly understand it. I believe that they believe my remarks that it is harmful cult, not an innocent religion. Doctrine is not discussed. I mention the control and overreaching just to control people as tho they were slaves. Don't think is their motto. Nathan Knorr and Freddie Franz were huge presences in my life - as well as horrid tales of Rutherford from people who remained loyal to him. Ivy League grads tend not to know to have a clue as to who these people were.

You never mentioned people who left long ago who found a sense of community here. Since we only read these posts, we have no clue as to people's lives and functioning off the board.

Also, if someone is lurking, it does not mean they lack character. I doubt that you decided to leave the Witnesses--and family and friends-in a flash of light such as St. Paul experienced. Insight needs to come together with action. The mere act of a lurker coming here is very courageous. While you are still in, the heavy indoctrination prob. keeps you captive. After you leave for a while, the pull is minimal or not present.

• N.drew
    N.drew

#1 you have people like me that ran the race, exemplified conduct while in the JW cult and learned through observation that there was a severe disconnect between truth, and the JW cult's statements.

"Exemplified conduct" in the cult would have been how well you show love to one another. So then where did you lose your love Kirk?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Can we have a complex number category?

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm definitely a #7. And it took over 50 years to discover it!! :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit