More bad press for the Organisation in the UK !

by Hairyhegoat 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

I am sick of reading news stories like this Time to sort these JW pedos out ?

Paul Wood

Sudbury: Jehovah’s Witness jailed for “catalogue” of sexual offences

By Jane Hunt Friday, January 27, 2012
    10:55 PM

A JEHOVAH’S Witness has been jailed for three and a half years for “a catalogue” of sexual offences on two schoolgirls more than 15 years ago.

To send a link to this page to a friend, simply enter their email address below.

The message will include the name and email address you gave us when you signed up.

Email address Send link

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

</form>

Sentencing 40-year-old Paul Wood, formerly of Sudbury, Judge David Goodin said that not surprisingly the impact of the offences on his two victims was still affecting them.

During a trial last year Ipswich Crown Court heard that Wood had indecently touched the girls’ breasts while play-fighting with them.

One of the victims also claimed that further incidents had taken place in Wood’s car when he had got her to touch him indecently over his clothing and had touched her over her clothing

The same victim also claimed that Wood had touched her intimately on one occasion under her clothing and said he had bought her underwear he wanted her to wear.

The court heard that Wood had asked the other victim to put on his wife’s underwear after saying she no longer wore it.

The victims made allegations to the police after hearing in 2009 that Wood was taking up a role with Jehovah’s Witnesses in another part of the country that would have brought him into contact with young women.

The court heard that in 2000 the victims told Jehovah’s Witness elders in west Suffolk about what Wood had allegedly done to them but it was left to the girls to decide if they wanted to go to the police.

Andrew Thompson, prosecuting, said that as the girls did not want to go to the police nothing was done then.

Wood, who now lives in Derbyshire, was found guilty by majority verdicts of 10-2 of nine offences of indecent assault on two schoolgirls when they were aged between eight and 15. He was found not guilty of raping a third alleged victim, aged 17.

Wood denied a total of 17 offences of indecent assault, three offences of rape and one of attempted rape.

After returning guilty verdicts on the nine offences of indecent assault and a not-guilty verdict on one rape charge, the jury was discharged from returning verdicts on the remaining charges.

At yesterday’s sentencing hearing Mr Thompson offered no evidence on those charges and Judge Goodin directed not-guilty verdicts should be entered on the court record.

Wood was ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register indefinitely and was made the subject of a sexual offences prevention order restricting his future contact with children under 18.

Steven Dyble, for Wood,

said his client had not had any previous convictions for sexual offences and had not committed any further offences in the last 14 years.

He said Wood was aged between 20 and 26 at the time of the offences and claimed he had been wrongly convicted

HHG

• cofty
    cofty
    The court heard that in 2000 the victims told Jehovah’s Witness elders in west Suffolk about what Wood had allegedly done to them but it was left to the girls to decide if they wanted to go to the police.
    Andrew Thompson, prosecuting, said that as the girls did not want to go to the police nothing was done then.

Fukcing stupid elders.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Left to the GIRLS to decide whether to go to the police?????

Yeah, sure..... NO pressure....

I'll bet anything that the girls AND their parents were being intimidated against going to the police - by the elders....

Sheesh. When one compares THIS behavior to that of mainstream Christian churches, many of which have specific and strict guidelines in place to GO TO THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY upon learning of ANY inappropriate behavior around children...

What a frikkin' Paleo-ArseHole buncha turds this Watchtower Corporation is!!!

• Merkaba
    Merkaba

By their fruits you will come to know them...

• sizemik
    sizemik

Agree with the above . . .

They were aged 8 when the hell started for them FFS . . . and 15 when they presumably spoke up. And it was left up to them to go to the Police? . . . if these slimy bloody elders saw someone being raped in an alley . . . would they leave it to them to go to the Police?

It's a serious bloody crime you assholes!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Does anyone here know of anyone anywhere, who has compiled a list of the known and convicted Jehovah's Witness paedophiles and their sentences, or the number of victims who have settled out of court?

• Azazel
    Azazel

Amelia google silent lambs and that will give you some statistics.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Elders, or any minister for that matter, should be MANDATED REPORTERS as are teachers.

In California where I teach, it is a criminal offense is a teacher does NOT report any suspected abuse. Mind you, it is only "suspected" abuse that needs to be reported.

If the charges turn out to be false (it happens but not often) then that's on the onus of the one making it up. But of course in the vast majority of cases the suspicions are validated.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

I posed two questions once to the CO during his BOE bashing evening meeting during his visit when the "edict" came down about calling the branch before the police:

Question: If I saw my neighbour (non witness) sexually molesting a child what must I do? Answer: you go to to the police

Question: If I saw my neigbour (Witness) sexually molesting a child what must I do? Answer: Talk to another Elder, then talk to the branch, get instructions and then call the police.

This has always bothered me and I can tell you that of all the JC's I was on the only one that has given me lasting peace (the others I feel guilt for) is the one that dealt with a JW that (before becoming a JW) had sex with his genetic aunt (not a JW at the time, but became a JW later), produced a daughter (not a JW - don't blame her) whom he sexuallly assaulted when she was older. The daughter could not recall when it started, but she felt that it may have been before her teens. During the JC and his appeal period he tried to have sex with her again. First thing I did before calling the branch - called the police to report it and told the police that I was under clergy law to contact the branch first. You can imagine their reply. The creep was charged and got off as the daughter would not testify against him.

• flipper
    flipper

Another JW pedophile bites the dust. I wish all of em would fall out of the closet ! BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit