i am a regular pioneer in my cong reading crisis of conscience.here goes...

by MsGrowingGirl20 206 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome to the forum.

I read CoC. I was so nervous to buy it I had a friend drive to another state and buy it for me. I was so so nervous that someone would find out I bought it and read it.

That book helps clarify things that many people already sort of have a feeling aren't right. It helped me by putting specific thoughtful arguments together for specific Witness doctrines. Other books are great but they don't take the time to go into the detail that Ray does.

I wish you well on your journey.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome. One word of caution.... I was a pioneer serving where the need was great, I was also an Assn't presiding minister (before we had Elders,) Ministry school servant etc. So I was a well respected young man and of course this validated my opinion that I was doing the right thing by being an active JW and passing up an education.

When I began to read, absorb history, some science it became apparent that I would have to make a major adjustment. Witnesses were my friends and family. I thought if I could validate my concerns with hard evidence I would still keep their respect while I pursued an education..........well that didn't work out. I was very young and meant well but no one wanted to hear my ideas......from what I read on this site it's much worse now. So at this stage in your reading don't talk about your private reading or hint at changes you might be going through. Come on this forum and you'll be a respected participant no matter what you decide.

Also Pursue your education, at least start at a local community school or sign up for an on line college to get started. This is the right time in your life to begin the process. According to PEW:

http://religions.pewforum.org/comparisons "Only 6% of JW'S are college graduates and only 3% are Post graduates. Both numbers put them at the bottom of major American reglions.

Also as a poster said on the first page...... even the WTBTS has a need for professionally educated persons to help run their busnesses.You should feel confident about starting school. If you remain in you'll be able to make a living and contribute more to the sucess of the JW's. If you ease out ( slow fade) you'll have more options.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome.

If you have JW family, prepare yourself for a world of pain.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Welcome. It is painful . . . but soooo worth it. And in the end, you'll have a Real Life.

Adiva

• Londo111
    Londo111

Actually, I found it relieved some of my pain. For the first time in my life, things started to make sense and I felt a heavy burden depart. Had I only read it 13 months ago, it would have saved me a world of suffering.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Forgot to add my welcome.

Welcome, MsGrowingGirl20. 'In Search of Christain Freedom' is even better. I also recommend Steven Hassan's books about Mind Control. You are in a perfect place to begin helping your friends and family. But this information is Nitroglycerin and must be used with care, as you probably know. Many of us when we first learn these things start making mistakes with our friends and family and they recoil as they are conditioned to do.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

MsGrowingGirl20 - I am very proud of you for reading CoC. Knowledge is power and only then can you make an informed decision. I just finished saying a prayer for you sis. Hang in there and keep learning!

Only then will you gain the "very wisdom and knowledge of God." (Proverbs 2:1-9) Some that have read the book have lost faith in God and in the Bible.Don't ever allow that to happen.

Ray

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Actually, I found it relieved some of my pain.

Oh yeah, but it's bitters sweet. It's amazing to have your eyes opened but crushing when your family kick you to the curb.

• wobble
    wobble

I agree Mickey, but with the proviso that it is still worth finding out the truth about the "truth" as the WT call it. Why waste your life serving a "will o' the wisp" idea invented by men, that is plain stupid when it is so easy to access the truth, this site is the best place to start, as so many have trod that road before you.

As to family, it depends on them to a great degree, but it also depends on how you handle them, if you treat them with love and consideration, making allowances for the position they are in (Captives of a Concept) < there's another book for you to read my little Reg Pio. (by Don Cameron) then you may find they don't react totally like cult controlled morons, good luck, sometimes they do.

Big Wobble welcome to you, we are here for all your needs, just ask away !

• Giordano
    Giordano

A lot of people on this forum have taken back their lives without creating a huge family problem. If and when your ready just ask and you'll be given a few good ways to accomplish that and avoid shunning or total rejection. Going to school is a good way of getting some distance and perspective as well as making new friends and seeing all of the opportunies that are out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit