i am a regular pioneer in my cong reading crisis of conscience.here goes...

by MsGrowingGirl20 206 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

Waht you think about the organization and how you acto towards it is about to undergo a radical shift. It really can't be helped after reading that book.

The WT organization knows this and it is for that reason, among others, that they villify, forbid, and threaten with sanction anyone who reads it and share its content within the JW community.

Take the advice of others here. Take it slow....and be careful!!!!!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Welcome!

Learning the "truth" It is a process that takes a long time to come to grips with.

SIAm

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

And welcome!

Just out of curiosity, how did you find us?

Palm

• tif21
    tif21

Welcome, I am so glad to hear you are reading the book. Please don't put your trust in men.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome and that is a good book to start with

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Just browsing the web to see how others felt about the not going to university policy because i dont agree or understand why and stumbled upon this site

@ Palm

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

For me the single biggest thing that the book shed light on was that the members of the GB themselves questioned many of the long-held beliefs especially with regard to 1914. Yet the rank and file aren't supposed to.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

@ MsGrowing:

Cool. Just wondering.

I pioneered for 5 years. The "Crisis" book really just confirmed things that I had long suspected about the Org.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Congratulations!!!

What led me to reading Crisis was after an in depth personal Bible reading of the Christian scriptures. I used the reference NWT, the Kingdom Interlinear, as well as other Bible translations and I began to see things were not adding up. When I looked at the refernces from the reference Bible and the Kingdom interlinear I began to see they didn't always use the oldest manuscripts they tended to favor newer ones that would help support their line of thinking. Also from the Kingdom Interlinear you can see where the NWT does not match up with the original Greek. I thought about all the times Christians in field service said that the JW Bible has been changed and here I was seeing they were right. The teachngs about the anointed & the faithful & discreet slave being an exclusive group is not what is supported by the Bible.

This led me to wonder if this is why apostates leave and I googled Ray Franz and found a copy of Crisis of Conscience. That book changed my life. As I read I remember the saying mentioned often at conventions & assemblies " the ring of truth". As I read Crisis the bells were ringing. I was at Bethel and I was able to relate to much of what he said. I remember how ill some of the older Bethelites and JW's I knew spoke of Ray Franz when his name came up and all the rumors about him leading a great apostasy. Yet while you are reading Crisis you don't see the same ill will. Ray simply reported what happened and didn't get into trash talking them.

Take it slow! I ended up having a mental breakdown from the lack of sleep due to the stress of learning not all was as it appeared or as I had been told. There are many pdf's available of older publications available online.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

You know I'm going to do the same. If it's laying around maybe wifey will open it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit