i am a regular pioneer in my cong reading crisis of conscience.here goes...

by MsGrowingGirl20 206 Replies latest jw friends

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

i'm on page 90 right now...the info is definitely new and gives me a totally diff view as to how i used to think of faithful and discreet slave. i was thoroughly disgusted with the way the brothers handled the oral sex and leadership problem and the insight on the scriptures book...... still have alot of questions though

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

The book really doesn't get good until after page 100. Fasten your seat belt.

(The first 100 pages reads like an Awake! magazine life story.)

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

No looking back now. If you are only on page 90 get ready for the ride of your life!

Its truly an amazing book, like seeing the man behind the curtain at the end of "Wizard of Oz"

Welcome to the forum

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Does Crisis of Conscience include the 2/3 majority GB vote? Or is that in Search of Cristian Freedom?

• tornapart
    tornapart

MsGrowingGirl20..Once you've read that and especially if you read In Search of Christian Freedom it's like opening Pandora's Box. You'll never see anything the same way again in the Organisation. For me it has been liberating, even though I have to stay for my family I can now think as a free person. I hope you find the same. It will make you feel very shaken though.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Whatever you do, DO NOT TELL ANY JW WHAT YOU ARE READING.

You will be contacted by the elders and invited to a meeting.

You do know what happens after that, don't you?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Pretty sure its CoC, the chapter on "alternative service" talks about the politics of getting a vote to a 2/3rds majority. They were about to overturn it in the 70's and someone flipped their vote, meaning thousands of young men would still have to go to prison instead of work in a hospital or somewhere else for the government.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome! great that your reading Rays's book...

Now your mind will be taken back & you will be free to THINK!!!!
    So happy to have you aboard.

Granny,Mouthy,Grace

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Does Crisis of Conscience include the 2/3 majority GB vote? Or is that in Search of Cristian Freedom?

Crisis of Conscience, as I recall...Welcome, MsGrowingGirl20.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Interesting

The book really doesn't get good until after page 100. Fasten your seat belt. (The first 100 pages reads like an Awake! magazine life story.)

I never got past the 1st 10-20 pages BECAUSE it reminded me of a GB life story (which it is) But I may jump to Page 100 and try to read it again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit