New Documentary to boost JW's stand on blood

by discreetslave 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Randy - great article by Kerry L Wood, thanks.

Have you any thoughts on perhaps how we could inform local press of the changes on the WT stance on blood, prehaps through letters to the editor page?

What would you use as the main take home point? It would be difficult to assert that they no longer impose their blood ban until more evidence is available, but what could you use as "newsworthy"?

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

We are forgetting one thing:

EVERYTHING IN THIS VIDEO HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE JW's PROHIBITION ON BLOOD

JW's don't refuse blood for any other reason than they think God told them too. All this crap about cancer this, and Hep-C that is a side show distraction.

Since when do JW's listen to what Dr.'s think about blood? Oh, so "this dr. says blood transfusions are dangerous so there you have it! We've been right all along!" What about the 10,000 other dr's that say blood transfusion saves lives?

All of these risks exist with organ transplants but these are ok for JW's because it's not about the "risks", it's about the WTS telling them God said not to take blood transfusions or else God will kill you at Armageddon.

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!

We need to stop validating JW "Dr." talk when on this topic. If a JW starts up on Dr talk END IT! Tell them flat out it has nothing to do with why they refuse blood and to stop wasting their breath on Dr. talk. MAKE THEM PROVE IT FROM THE BIBLE and then show them 1 Samuel 14:31-35

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

@WallsofJericho Even though they don't listen to the 1000's of dr's who speak positively about blood transfusions JW's do say "this dr. says blood transfusions are dangerous so there you have it! We've been right all along!"
    Case in point Dr Areyah Shandler who is in this video. He was featured in their No Blood video and he's been in many press releases about JW's and blood alternatives. They say it's only because of what is in the Bible but information like this documentary the drool over because it does validate their stand. They say see we told you so.

Here are some comments by JW apologists on YouTube regarding this trailer

" It's interesting how medical opinion regarding blood has changed and is still changing with each passing year. Going from being a "miracle cure" that was always "life-saving" to now a treatment that should only? be used as "a last resort", soon it will never be used and regarded by the medical community as one of it's biggest blunders of the last 70years. Jehovah's wisdom proven right yet again. Abstain from blood. Trust Jehovah not man"Another said "This is wonderful. I first seen this on the 'Non-Blood Medical Management' facebook page. It's so sad that many people have been brainwashed to think blood transfusions are good for them. Untold numbers must of? unnecessarily died because of this dangerous, untested practice. The truth is here."

• steve2
    steve2
    In any case the blood brochure that was released when I was in made clear that medical safety had NOTHING to do with it

Yes, so the Witnesses are rather fond of saying. Yet, they will obsessively scour the published medical and scientific literature to find anything no matter how obscure or how much of an after thought in a journal footnote if it appears to support their stupidly literal reading of the abstain-from-blood scriptural texts. Then, when they are forced to admit their selective literature search tells only a distorted part of the story, they will slither away from on-track refutation by stating, "We do not abstain due to the medical risks, but because Scripture requires us to do so". A well-practised snake never slithered so smoothly and unashamedly.

Most sensible people realize without too much burden that many valid medical procedures and treatments entail measurable risk. Hell, some of the most effective blood pressure medications - which have been attributed with saving untold numbers of lives - have risks. We generally don't advance them as reasons to avoid this sort of medication -unless professional medical opinion advises otherwise.

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

I never really had been through a time when a loved one needed blood until last weekend. My mother, who is not a JW (thank god), was feeling very sick. She could not catch her breath and could not stand or walk. Just walking to the kitchen or the bathroom was a very hard task. She is only 58 and had not a problem until now. She had went to the doctor 3 times within the week and they couldn't figure out what the problem was, but by the end of the week she had to be ambulanced to the E.R. in our town then transferred to another hospital 60 miles away. She was admitted to the ICU. She was given 8 units of blood right away and if she didn't get it she would of died. They said that a persons normal blood count is usually at 40 but her was at an 11. Also they said that they had never seen a person with that low blood count and live.The Doctors found that she has a rare condition called G.A.V.E. that caused her to bleed internally. It is crazy but up until now I was still opposed to the blood issue and now after all of that I have a whole new perspective on it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I am bumping this thread to add some information about the two productions that are mentioned by discreetslave:

The film is the result of another project called Beijing Goes Bloodless.www.asiageographic.com/productions_pnn.html
    The new documentary Primum Non Nocere is set to be released this springhttp://www.asiageographic.com/productions_pnn.html

The film Primum Non Nocere was produced and directed by two Jehovah's Wintesses who are part of the WTS bloodless team.

Richard Melseth and James Reynolds.

Melseth has been groomed by the WTS for his role in promoting 'bloodless' medicine since back in the 90s when he got his start with the Phoenix Hospital Liaison Committee for Jehovah's Witnesses (1993-1997). He also is one the JWs who are founding members of the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management - founded in 2001 and the first society of its kind.

Melseth's bio from website mybloodsite.com (now defunct):

Mr. Richard Melseth is Director of Blood Conservation Medicine at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, in Phoenix, Arizona. With ten years experience in the field of bloodless healthcare, Melseth has initiated development of hospital policies and clinical protocols, and coordinated multiple blood conservation education programs for physicians, nurses and the public, both locally and nationally.
    Melseth's background in business development along with training while serving on the Phoenix Hospital Liaison Committee for Jehovah's Witnesses (1993-1997) propelled him into the world of blood management with program implementation at OrNda St Luke's Medical Center in 1995 and at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center in 1999, a 625-bed, Level 1 trauma center and teaching hospital.

I have little information on James Reynolds except that he is tight with the other bloodless JWs - I believe Reynolds is also a JW. He is linked to the SABM, a JW organization, and to many of the JWs who are bloodless men. Reynolds and Melseth work together on promotion/propaganda campaigns for the bloodless world of the JWs.

discreetslave: I find it interesting the trailer is being circulated just before their serve-us meeting regarding No Blood. And that these projects are from an Asian production Co.,I say that because a few years back a JW from my old cong was attending the WT language instructors course he said they were told that the WT is focusing on the Chinese and are trying to direct more efforts towards reaching the Chinese especially the immigrants. He said they figured if more Chinese became JW's while abroad it will help gain more ground into China. This was second hand info but seeing this and noticing more Asians in the Learn From God's Word section of the public WT it seems more obvious.

Richard Melseth and James Reynolds have been part of the team actively grooming the Asian bloodless market for several years now.

A 2010 SABM newsletter chronicles the Asian bloodless promotional activities.

http://www.tingey.tv/Bloodless/PBM_Asia_report.pdf

The noblood propaganda films and other media formats that have been generated and distributed publicly, as well as inside the JWs, is entirely produced by the WTS and their strategically placed bloodless JW men. The information on these two films in particular is biased and deceptive. The information originates with the same organization that has put the Bloody Ban in place for the JWs to begin with.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    Orphan Crow...thanks again for the detailed research. I think instinctively I knew this was a product of confirmation bias, but its nice to know factually that it is true.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Reminds me of Reefer Madness and the whole anti-marijuana propaganda movement...

...all spearheaded by American businessmen whose goal was criminalizing weed so they could make more money selling their equivalent (but arguably lower quality) non-hemp-derived products.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

To add to the information exposing this film as a noblood propaganda piece generated by the WTS.

http://www.asiageographic.com/primum/Primum_Press_Kit_2012.pdf

This man is a Jehovah's Witness - the Watchtower is linked to his linkedin profile and his JW grandmother's obit is online:

Co-producer/Co-director/Editor – Jason Sievert (United States) Sievert started his career working from the ground up. He has experience shooting on location in Germany, Brazil, England, Spain, France, Italy, Puerto Rico and Canada. He has filmed all over the USA including Los Angeles and New York. He has extensive experience in television and film productions, both as Producer and Editor, being recognized with several international awards. As Co-producer, Co-director and Editor, Sievert's expertise shines through in 'Primum Non Nocere'.

One of the key investors is a Jehovah's Witness. You can read a lengthy and revealing discussion that Niel May engages in about the JWs and blood in the comments section of this article:

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=5108

Key Investor – Noel May (Ireland) May has a range of business interests in Australia, Ireland, Spain, and the United Kingdom. These revolve around the wellness and health markets. He is a financial investor in 'Primum Non Nocere – First Do No Harm', and was instrumental in facilitating a key interview with Prof. Slepoushkin, MD, from Russia. May continues to collaborate with Asia Geographic Entertainment on the project and is convinced this documentary will make a difference.

The other investor is interesting - Yanti Regan from Malaysia - described in some places as "Indonesia's multi-level marketing (MLM) magnate".

The photo researcher on the film crew is a Jehovah's Witness. His zoominfo profile lists his employment as the Watchtower Art Department.:

Photo Researcher - Tim Fortuna (United States) Fortuna is a freelance photo researcher and has spent the last 15 years building a reputation in photo research, licensing, and image acquisition. His first-rate research has lead to many new archival discoveries.

This film is definitely a biased production made by JWs and directed towards a larger market. It has the appearance of an independent production yet it is anything but that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - "This film is definitely a biased production made by JWs and directed towards a larger market. It has the appearance of an independent production yet it is anything but that."

Sneaky. Like I always say, though...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

x

That being said, I'm not too worried about WTStudios taking Hollywood by storm. :laughing:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit