Circuit Assembly Confronting Apostate Challenge

by watson 63 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

Well, I sat thru day 2 of the latest Circuit Assembly.

Instead of having the CO or DO re address the "Generation" confusion, they had a couple of brothers do a demonstration. Mocha break out in service, weaker brother mentions he's tired....all of the changes lately, the confusing new understanding of THAT generation, et al. I felt sorry for the brother (stronger and more faithful) that they used to try and explain it. Rough. Halting, nervous...I was more confused when he was done. There was a strange feeling that just hung over the audience when they were done.

The DO later associated Apostates with pedophiles and kidnappers. Not making this up.

Wish I had a recorder there. Although they announce before each session that anything recorded should not be shared on social networks, internet, etc. There were quite a few snippets that were obviously related to critical (Apostate) thinking.

Watson

• cofty
    cofty

The DO later associated Apostates with pedophiles and kidnappers

If a DO said this in the UK and there was a recording we could report him to the police for a hate crime.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

You know you a have a legitimate doctrine when all opposers to the doctrine are labelled as pedophiles. Nice.

• watson
    watson

It was interesting how he did it. During his review, he kind of said it as an after thought, almost under his breath. Really weird. I missed the first day, so they probably planted the seeds for this tripe then, and he was just getting the heads bobbing today.

• Mary
    Mary
    they had a couple of brothers do a demonstration. Mocha break out in service, weaker brother mentions he's tired....all of the changes lately, the confusing new understanding of THAT generation, et al.

I find this very interesting. They usually only have parts that are 'needy' and they must have been bombarded with questions regarding their lame-assed explanation of the 'overlapping generation' from the R&F. I remember when they had a part at the ASS-embly after the 1995 article about 'this generation' and the crap they were trying to pull. More and more Witnesses are getting tired of 'the promise' being nowhere in site and the bozos in charge are desperate.

The DO later associated Apostates with pedophiles and kidnappers. Not making this up.

Not a huge surprise there. The Elders' manual equate anyone who celebrates Christmas with pedophiles too (under what constitutes a disfellowshipping offense.) What morons.......Sorry you had to sit through that shit Watson!!!

• watson
    watson

Another highlight:

In his Keynote Address about Armageddon, he was trying to show us how Jah's "cleansing" of the eart was necessary. So, he used the example that if your house full of ants, or cock roaches..or, or, if what about snakes.....would you just leave them alone? Wouldn't you want to have them completely out of your house?? Equating any kind of human being to this vermin makes me vomit. It's this type of teaching that gives JWs that charming arrogance that we all love so much. I felt like asking "what if they were puppies?", or "what if your house was full of babies.." Obviously i was becoming delirious.

• watson
    watson

Thanks Mary. I gave up my football afternoon to hang with the wifey. Don't think I'm going to do it again. Tried so hard to not upset my girl. Couldn't hide it very well though. She looks at me sometime in the latter part of the day and says...."you ok?, you're frowning.."

• Mary
    Mary
    In his Keynote Address about Armageddon, he was trying to show us how Jah's "cleansing" of the eart was necessary. So, he used the example that if your house full of ants, or cock roaches..or, or, if what about snakes.....would you just leave them alone?

Hmmmm.....or what about dumping toxic waste illegally and trying to cover it up from the New York's Department of Environmental Conservation? Should that being included on Jehovah's List of Places to Destroy?

Just unbelievable....

• cofty
    cofty

Watson you have my respect and sympathy for going with your wife.

My wife always says I am incapable of hiding my feelings in my facial expression.

• watson
    watson

My patience is running out. I hate for her to go to meetings, etc., alone. I know the stigma attached to being a sister with an "un believing mate" (Eyes opened apostate), so I go to support her.

Anyway...back to the upbuilding Circuit ASSembly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit