What's The Latest In The World Of Watchtower?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I haven't been on as much here, lately.

Is there anything new???

• Honesty
    Honesty

Just more of the same manure that they have been dishing out as food at the proper time.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The yeartext banners they display in the KH these days has no illustration on it at all, just the plain text. More cutbacks?

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

"Johnny the Bethelite" now has his own program on Six Screens. Here is the link...... He will bring you up to date......

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/telenetwork/jehovahs-underground.php

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    He will bring you up to date......

.....if he knew what the hell he was talking about, since even Rick won't say he's an actual Bethelite or that he is actually calling in from Bethel instead of Rick's basement.

Also, Koolaid Man has still not offered me my own call-in show despite the facts that I have told him how I was a double agent for Watchtower and knew way more than Fake Johnny, and I was ready to tell all in an actual real possibility to bring down Watchtower instead of just hyping it through fakers.

I mean, if he won't stand behind the legitimacy of Fake Johnny, why wouldn't he give me the same opportunity?

So Minimus, it's been just more slinging of the same old bullshit.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

But hey, I haven't heard anyone talking about this one. Did I miss something?

http://ex-jw.com/menlo-park-lawsuit-dismissed

A federal judge dismissed the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall lawsuit last week due to filing and jurisdictional issues.

On January 6, 2012 the Chief Magistrate Judge for The United States District Court for Northern California, Maria-Elena James, dismissed a lawsuit filed in August 2010 by Jonathan Cobb Sr. and Walter Arlen St. Clair.

The judge’s decision to dismiss was not related to the issues in dispute or any of the civil or criminal acts alleged in the case. She dismissed the lawsuit due to the lack of federal jurisdiction over the issues involved. In her written opinion, she pointed out that her court did not have the authority to rule on most of the charges outlined in the plaintiffs lawsuit.

Judge James did not make any comments on the validity of the plaintiffs’ charges, nor was her ruling a vindication for the actions of any of the parties involved (including alleged criminal acts by the defendants). Instead, she ruled that the plaintiffs’ claims fell outside of the federal court’s jurisdiction, although some criminal and civil (torts) complaints might be successfully pursued in state courts. She also pointed out that because the plaintiffs had not asked for specific monetary damages (the court has a minimum threshold of $75,000 in these kinds of cases), their case did not meet those federal court guidelines.

What does this ruling mean for the plaintiffs, the two dismissed former elders of the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall? Will they find another way to bring their grievances to court to have their names and reputations exonerated? Will the Watchtower Society make a move to expel them from the “Christian Congregation,” along with one or more of the other former elders connected to this case?

As for the defendants, can they go back to their lives as elders and ministerial servants in what has become a spiritually divided congregation? Can they finally complete the merger of the Redwood City South and Menlo Park congregations not only in fact, but also in the spirit of Christian brotherhood? Or is this just a lull in the battle while everyone chooses sides and prepares for another fight?

The future for those involved in the lawsuit is unclear at this point. This is not the end of this sordid tale. It seems that the congregation will suffer more turmoil in the months ahead as current and former elders continue to fight over control of the little Kingdom Hall in Menlo Park, California.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Is there anything new???

Armageddon is much closer than when you were here last.

George

• minimus
    minimus

boring

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Besides selling off property.... How about that toxic waste dump, how did that go?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It was boring without you, Min. Nobody was asking good questions. We pretty much sat around with our keyboards behind our backs and said nothing but stupid comments to bump the "last poster on this thread" thread.

That's pretty much what we always do whenever Minimus isn't posting questions. We don't even argue when you are gone. We save it for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit