2/15 WT " Preserve the Positive Spirit of Congregations" - Translation :Submit

by flipper 46 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Once again, this was a real " jewel " of a study article by the WT society full of contradictions , controlling expressions , and manipulative wording in order to take away Jehovah's Witnesses free will and freedom of mind .

Initially the WT society makes it appear that they are " concerned " about Witnesses actually keeping the " peace " between themselves. Notice this quote from pg. 20, paragraph 7, " True friends keep personal matters CONFIDENTIAL. When our brothers reveal their innermost thoughts and feelings to us and are SURE that these will NOT become public knowledge , the bond of love that may already exist will grow stronger. " ( uh-huh. Like when does THAT ever happen ? Confidentiality ? ) It continues, " May we promote a loving, family like spirit in the congregation by being a trustworthy friend who can keep things confidential. "

Now before we get TOO MUSHY and sentimental thinking the WT society is ACTUALLY recommending close relationships here - notice the quote in paragraph 15 where the WT society contradicts itself regarding keeping confidentiality about " personal matters " . It states, " As was previously mentioned , it is important to maintain confidentiality in certain matters, especially when others share with us their feelings and thoughts . How wrong and hurtful it is to spread confidential information about someone ! EVEN SO, when serious sin has been committed, those scripturally obligated to handle the matter - the elders in the congregation - SHOULD BE INFORMED. " ??????? It goes on to say that a JW would allow another fellow JW time to report their own " personal matter " or " sin " - but continues, " if he or she does not do so within a reasonable period of time, though, WE SHOULD report the wrongdoing. " Translation : If the " thought police " or elders tell you to rat each other out- you are to do it. Personal matter or not.

Also notice the strong language used by the WT society in telling Witnesses WHO to associate with and HOW to view WT society authority. It states in paragraph 12 , " WE must guard against developing a spirit of murmuring. While cultivating humility and respect for authority will help us, we need to be concerned about those with whom we associate. " ( Whatever happened to "promoting a loving, family like spirit ?" ) It continues, " We are wise to limit our association with people who are negative or who are promoting an independent attitude. " Translation : If you have JW friends who question ANY teaching from the WT society or who talks negatively about the elders they are to be avoided.

In fact, in the very next paragraph 13, it makes that very point ! It states, " murmurers in the first century congregation were, " disregarding lordship and speaking abusively of glorious ones. " Such murmering against responsible men in the congregation certainly did not have God's approval. " Translation : If you murmur against the elders , even if they are unjust, you won't have the WT society's approval. THE governing body and God Jehovah are one and the same thing.

Then this article " mercifully " ends by the WT society stating that, " when we SUBMIT to the Bible-based instruction from Jehovah's organization and follow the direction of the ELDERS, we give proof that we are " earnestly endeavoring to observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace. " Translation : If you Jehovah's Witnesses SUBMIT to us the WT leaders you show yourselves to promote peace and a " positive spirit " in the congregation. If you DO NOT submit and try to make us WT leaders " look bad " or the elders " look bad " to fellow witnesses - you will be thought of as bad associates ! Now then. Go and enjoy the bountiful " peace and love " within the dear christian brotherhood ! ( Makes me want to gag on a spoon . )

Anyway, that's my take on this particular WT study article. I'd love to hear all of YOUR takes on this shriveling mass of spiritually constipating "food" . Interested to read and hear your takes on it. Hope you are all having a great weekend. Peace and love to all of you folks

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is my contribution to the "positive spirit of the congregation":

First, zero field circus and boasting session attendance.

Second, I contributed to putting "sun worship" decorations in my hall. In fact, I am the one that did more than 90% of my building's halls, and people from adjacent buildings come in to see the "sun worship" decorations. That is something I am not supposed to be doing, according to the Washtowel.

Third, I regularly check apostate boards to see what is coming. Just in case the witlesses come up with some rubbish to force me back in, at least I am prepared.

And I do other things in case of financial Armageddon (which will be when the governments run out of gimmicks to create the illusion of fixing things). Some things I did include buying good clothing that will not need replacement soon, buying supplies to give myself light in case of blackouts, buying silver, learning to fix computers so I have something of use to barter with, and looking at moving out of the country if it becomes necessary and worth the debt that it will likely incur. This costs me money that will not be going into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• scotoma
    scotoma

WTWizard: learn Spanish

• finally awake
    finally awake

I think to properly preserve the spirit, you have to pressure can it for 45 minutes at 25 pounds. Be sure to sterilize the jars and lids first.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

w12 2/15: True friends keep personal matters CONFIDENTIAL. When our brothers reveal their innermost thoughts and feelings to us and are SURE that these will NOT become public knowledge , the bond of love that may already exist will grow stronger. "

Yes, like when I went to talk to my fellow elders about my marriage difficulties. They kept it confidential by disfellowshipping me and announcing it to the congregation. Ditto on the "bond of love" lies!

w12 2/15: "May we promote a loving, family like spirit in the congregation by being a trustworthy friend who can keep things confidential."

In the 2 1/2 years since I've been disfellowshipped, no one--not one person--from my "loving, family like ... congregation" has bothered to stop by to see how I am, not a phone call, not a card, not a letter: Nothing! During that time I went to meetings pretty regularly for the first 1 1/2 years thinking I wanted to go back. Did the elders even ever come to see me like they are supposed to every year? No. (see: w91 4/15 pp. 22-23, also Shepherd the Flock 10:1, p. 114) Liars.

Some bunch of "trustworthy friends" they are. This is such pure, unadulterated bullshit! How do they have the unmitigated gall to write such lies?

Un-fucking-believable!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

w12 2/15: EVEN SO, when serious sin has been committed, those scripturally obligated to handle the matter - the elders in the congregation - SHOULD BE INFORMED.

Gestapo

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WT Says: "when we SUBMIT to the Bible-based instruction from Jehovah's organization and follow the direction of the ELDERS, we give proof that we are 'earnestly endeavoring to observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.'" - w12 2/15

00DAD Says: "when we REJECT the Unscriptural instruction from the organization that is clearly NOT God's and reject the mindless rule-enforcement of the WT Puppet-police, we give proof that we are 'earnestly endeavoring to observe the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.'" - 00DAD2012 1/14

I actually like the last phrase. It was those kinds of Bible teachings that attracted my to JWs in the first place. It's such a shame they don't actually FOLLOW them! Hypocrites, Pharisees! Liars!

It's just a bunch of mind-controlling propaganda!

"By clever and persevering use of propaganda even heaven can be represented as hell to the people, and conversely the most wretched life as paradise." —A DOLF H ITLER, M EIN K AMPF as quoted in the Awake! of June 22, 2000

Sieg Heil!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"True friends keep personal matters CONFIDENTIAL. When our brothers reveal their innermost thoughts and feelings to us and are SURE that these will NOT become public knowledge , the bond of love that may already exist will grow stronger."

Translation. If u have doubts don't say anything. If u know of a pedophile in the congregation don't say anything. If the WT contradicts scripture don't say anything. Loose lips are apprently sinking ships. Funny how truth eventually triumphs. You can't repress truth forever

• 00DAD
    00DAD

WH: "You can't repress truth forever"

And still they try ...

• mind blown
    mind blown

Wow! Perfect timing. This article will go well with a recent conversation I had.

Thanx for posting. Things keep getting creepier and creepier....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit