2/15 WT " Preserve the Positive Spirit of Congregations" - Translation :Submit

by flipper 46 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

You ever have a dinner party with a bunch of Elders and their wives, after a few bottles of wine you will have heard every detail of the Committee meetings.

• flipper
    flipper

DJPOETECH- The WT society is really good at taking away personal control from JW's by using subtle hints and innuendo's to make them feel guilty. WT leaders constantly use those manipulative words in their talks and magazines.

DESIGNS- I can only imagine what kind of saucy details get spread around after elders and their wives get to drinking ! I'm sure the rumor mill runs amok afterwards

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

When I was a teenager,my best friend confided in me that she was pregnant. I knew she was going to talk to the elders. And she wouldn't be able to keep that secret for long. So,I didn't say a word to anyone.

After she met with the elders they wanted to meet with me and ask why I didn't say anything. I told them I was giving her opportunity to talk to them herself. They had to agree that was the procedure.

I found my friend's cigarettes too. And I was upset at the time,because we were both Witnesses. But,I still didn't say a word. Her mother found cigarettes on her too,and reported her.

As a fader,and pretty much out,I know not to talk to any Witnesses about my true feelings. In the beginning,I hinted at things I was bothered by,but now I realize to keep peace with family,mainly my mother,it's best not to say anything at all. The drama is just not worth it.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

amazing how i thought those were encouraging at one time. now i have a hard time stomaching thier demand for control in the watchtower.

• flipper
    flipper

EMPTYINSIDE- You make a really good point about keeping quiet and not saying things to JW's. The drama is just not worth it. I totally agree. I've wished several times that I would just keep my mouth shut, but it's hard for me. I'm a talker. LOL ! I really admire you for keeping the confidences of your friends who were pregnant and smoked. Shows you are really a trustworthy person.

EVIDENTLY APOSTATE- I agree with you. I have a hard time stomaching the WT society's control over people as well. It's really nauseating

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT for the weekend crowd. All replies welcome

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit