2/15 WT " Preserve the Positive Spirit of Congregations" - Translation :Submit

by flipper 46 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

True friends keep personal matters confidential PERIOD.......no ...they are talking about fluff,,,,,you know things like.......Flip looks so much better in that blue suit than the brown one .

Don't you think? You know fluffy stuff......Not the heavy duty stuff....the disturbing things. If I told you I went to a friends house , had a few drinks and smoked a cigarette......you better run to the elders with that confidence. If you promise not to say anything, you should never break that promise........ever.....let your yes mean yes.......sometimes that's the JW motto lol I have to say ....that's one thing everybody that knows me will agree on, I can keep a confidence . I may tell you your so wrong or crazy though.........I would be such a BAD JW ...I'll never tell

Sherry

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the replies. Been busy last couple days. Appreciate the interesting takes on the article.

WT WIZARD- I'm glad to hear you have your freedom and have escaped having to be in congregations at all. It's good you are involving yourself in the real world and preparing yourself in a very real way for all eventualities. Good for you.

SCOTOMA- Learn Spanish ? I don't understand.

FINALLY AWAKE- I believe in preserving alcohol spirits as well ! Good point.

00DAD- I can see from your responses you are as annoyed at the hypocrisy of this WT society information as I am. Understandable and appreciated knowing what you have gone through as well as myself and others here in injustices suffered from this JW cult. Like yourself I never had elders trying to get a hold of me until almost 3 years after I faded to see if they could bust me for " circumstancial fornication " for which they had no evidence. They would always call on me to see if they had the goods on me for some wrongdoing - not actually because they CARED authentically for me. So I hear ya. The WT society leaders ARE like Hitler in many ways as they desire ultimate control and power over 7 million unsuspecting JW's. Very Nazi of them. And yes, the WT society leaders reserve the right to change their minds whenever without being judged- but rank & file JW's are not allowed to do so because they are the peons who should obey the WT leaders. Yes, it's unfair. Yes, it's unjust. And yes, it's one of the reasons Jehovah's Witnesses are a dangerous mind control cult.

WHA HAPPENED ? - I agree with you that " loose lips are sinking ships " and the WT society is getting nervous. I agree with you that REAL truth will eventually triumph. The WT society is going to push their luck too far someday. It may be coming up in this Australia child abuse fiasco they are going through. Time will tell how much the bad media coverage will hurt them .

MIND BLOWN- Indeed, like you say there IS a double standard in that the WT society can change their views constantly, but normal rank & file JW's are not allowed to on their own. Whether the WT society is right or wrong in their views- jW's are expected and commanded to go along with it - no matter what. As you state- very creepy and dangerous.

BOBLD- I agree with you when you say you don't trust the elders. Neither do I. I trust them as far as I can spit, and that ain't far believe me. The WT leaders and elders DO control like a dictatorship and it IS like a rabbit getting caught in a trap once JW's are inside the organization as baptized members. It's also being like a frog in a boiling pot of water . In time the frogs life will be gone, but the torture is so subtle and deceptive the frog doesn't realized he's being tortured. In a nutshell- THAT is every single Jehovah's Witness. It's disgusting.

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS- These WT leaders ARE something else ! Yes, I agree. Deceptive, manipulating, and trying to coerce 7 million people out of using their own minds to think. They do NOT want Witnesses to think and use their brains. It's all part of the mind control. Blind faith and obedience is what they want Witnesses to have.

LISTENER- Indeed what you say is true. Ray Franz was a victim of this in which personal conversations he had ended up being turned into judicial committee inquisitions in which his character was totally assaulted and assassinated. I have experienced that myself, as well as thousands of people on this board. Which ended up making me be very guarded about who I told my confidential information to. Made me be more cautious about who I let in to be my friend.

BILLY the EX-BETHELITE- Exactly. I think the comparison of WT leaders to leaders of North Korea are pretty accurate I'd say

• flipper
    flipper

SCARY 21- I see the point you're making. If it's a simple non-serious thing the WT society tells the Witnesses to keep confidences. But if it's a SERIOUS sin or offense they want JW's to report it to the elders. But I agree with you- a confidence is a confidence no matter WHAT. People should hold and say what they mean if they tell a person they will guard a confidence. But that's not the WT society motto. They will betray a confidence anytime if it serves the needs of the organization or even individual elders or WT leaders. Very fickle

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

"We are wise to limit our association with people who are negative or who are promoting an independent attitude. "

Which may well explain why JWs started giving me a wide berth in my final months in the Borg. One thing they are taught to fear, taught to be wary of, is anyone thinking for themselves, applying reasoning, and deciding that they needn't follow "the brothers" like brain-dead zombies.

It's the true mark of a cult that one is prohibited from making any critical comments about the leaders and ostracised if one does.

• flipper
    flipper

MR MONROE- Indeed , the WT society does NOT want any of their JW members thinking for themselves as they will influence other JW's to do the same. Then the WT society leaders and elders would gradually lose control of people. I agree- it is the true sign of a cult when " one is prohibited from making any critical comments about the leaders and ostracized if one does. " One of the reasons I left the Witnesses also my friend - I was too much of an independent thinker. They all drove me crazy

• williamhconley
  • williamhconley
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The WTB&TS" speaks with a forked tongue".( isn`t that a north american indian saying ? ) to the white man that is.

Also " They speak out of both sides of their mouth" at the same time

UNBELEIVABLE

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tosses Flipster a fishy. Nice find Mr F!

The article is brimming with propaganda tecniques and logical fallacies.

I spied the 'preacher's WE'. 'Appeal to authority', 'appeal to fear' and all the other loaded language that has a unique meaning to the JW posse.

They seem to me at least, to ramping up the control freakery lately. I'm glad to see the GB are being REactive rather than PROactive. This shows me that we MDAs* have got them on a back foot on an icy puddle. They can no longer take the lead, they have to see what we're saying and try to trounce it in the dublications.

*MDA = Mentally Diseased Apostates(TM).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit