"Disobedience is very costly"

by TOTH 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

Holy cr@p. I am so sorry for your pain and suffering, and that of your wife's. But you're in the right place. Please stick around. There is help here.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

This is the teaching about disobedience according to an "apostate" church's teaching (the one I am from):

When you disobey God, you walk out of the boundary of His wills and protection. Which means you open the door for the Devil to attack or trouble you, that's why you get into a lot of troubles. But if you realize your mistake and cry out to Jesus, He will always be there for you (2 Chronicle 7:14). Never in my life was I taught to hate and loath my brothers and sisters in Christ who left the church or back slided. I was taught to pray for them and to talk to them in kindness and love. Parents are taught to show loving kindness to their children regardless how hard and rebellion the kids can be, because "one day they will realize how much you love them, which reflecting the love of our Father in Heaven".

And yet the WT calls us apostate....

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

that guy is a true asshole, the watchtower belief just allows him to justify his pathetic behavior. all i could think of when i read this is my father in law elder and how i would be , probably in jail

• TOTH
    TOTH

Band on the Run, thank you for that info. I will look into that.

Viola, he is VERY much against going into a nursing home. My wife agreed years ago to not allow him to be forced into one. BUT, after talking with her aunt, his sister she now sees that it may be the only way to meter his meds and give him a chance to maybe come out sometime. I wish I could say he is like bed ridden, but he finds his way outside to "Informal Witness" to neighbors and passing strangers walking in front of his house. He is just VERY set in his ways and demands that his wife do the old school wife deal.

I also talked to my wife's baby sister over the weekend and she told me that when their dearly departed brother was on pain meds that their dad bullied him into mailing him all his pills. Citing that he had provided everything for him and now needed his help. APOLLONIUS Christ! When it reached a point where he was suffering so bad and could no longer send him any pills and besides that he was risking jail in the post office caught a shipment, the dad cut him off. No calls in or out, no visits were allowed. Nothing. Typical shunning behavior.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Okay. I'm a bit shaky here, and know this may be a bit forward . . . BUT

This man beat his daughter over every freaking inch of her body because she wouldn't do things her way . . .

And he revels in the idea that his daughter is suffering horrendous pain because she disobeyed HIM---as that seems to be his first concern---and the WT . . .

And yet you can still say

Over the years I have always had such a profound respect

I am sorry for this incredibly toxic situation. I'm sorry that this piece of garbage garners such love and respect. But looking at it from the outside---well it just makes me incredibly angry. My heart is breaking for your wife and you. I'm so sorry about the pain, which is just being amplified by this cruel, deeply respected and loved person.

NC

• Violia
    Violia

Toth

I am so sorry for what you are enduring but this is not really a Jehovah's witness issue.This is a old guy who is mean and takes pain meds and is abusing your wife and you and BTW, also your MIL issue.

It is an issue to try and get help from the state, county or who ever. Talk to his doc, If your MIL and you guys talk to the doc maybe the doc can help. He should know that he is trying to coerce pain meds out of your wife.

Initially I said not to involve adult protective agency, but I think maybe now you should. Not for him, but for your MIL. She lives with him and he has got to abusing her too.

I know you said you respected him at one time, but it sounds like either the pain pills are clouding his mind or he has dementia.

there are no easy answers when a parent needs to be removed from the community and put in a home. It is always heartbreaking and scary.

Is there any way you and your wife can move? If so it might help temporarily. but eventually you guys are going to have to deal with this guy, and nursing home is his destination. you can have him taken in for a 72 hour hold and they can decide where to put him.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

The hell? That's just insane. Even the term "mentally diseased" appears in the New World Translation. Woe to those saying good is bad and bad is good.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Toth, and welcome to the board!!

Man, your family sounds more toxic than mine - if that's possible. Your father-in-law BEAT his daughter to get her to give up her fiancee/1st husband?? W - T - Frick?????

If my arsehole biological sperm donor had tried that on ME - I woulda crammed his head into a wall...

Of course, with a personality like that - mine - you can see that I wasn't the type to end up married to that 1st husband... I am REALLY glad that your wife has found a decent champion in her life - you!

About those pills - if there were some way to record his demands, especially his brutal bullying of his own daughter, I'd do so... It would give you a little something to show to the cops if there ever is an overdose....

Zid - the She-Devil

• zeb
    zeb

• zeb
    zeb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit