Jehovah's Witnesses eat blood without thinking about it

by JW10581 25 Replies latest watchtower medical

• baltar447
    baltar447

Anyone here ever ACTUALLY killed and had a deer processed? wtf

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Baltar I know in the US it is probably not like that but here in The Netherlands nobody really hunts and nobody wants to know if what they're eating is bled out or not.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    It is the act of "pouring blood onto the ground" i.e the symbolic gesture of bleeding the animal that is important.

That is the significant point, the act of pouring out the blood. I have always wondered how JW's can eat fish because of this. The fish is gutted after it is dead and the majority of the blood with it, but it fails on the 'act of pouring out'.

If it was say a rabbit one had snared, it would not be acceptable.

It won't put me off my Haddock fillet tonight after the meeting, that's for sure.

George

• tornapart
    tornapart

I can't see how in certain creatures the blood can be poured out anyway. Insects for one, fish another.

Can you imagine the apostle Peter after catching his boatload of fish cutting the heads off each one before they ate them? Even Jesus and his disciples didn't go to those extremes!! (Correct me if I'm wrong LOL!)

• St George of England
    St George of England

You would be amazed how much blood a good cod has and how little a partridge has.

It's not supposed to be about practicality, it's about principle. Hence the debacle about which 'fractions' are/are not acceptable.

George

• blondie
    blondie

baltar, I have not only killed deer, rabbit, squirrel, fished, I have cleaned them all myself. This is a big country and many people hunt. Hunting land has been at a premium in Europe for years, owned by the few. Canada is a simlar hunting area to the US..

I was almost 13 before I ever ate a domestic fowl. My grandparents were farmers and raised and butchered their own meat and me and my cousins helped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit