Awake!: Sometimes You Just Have To Pick Your Jaw Up Off The Floor

by metatron 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks sizemik for giving us the full quote, some people say the Writing Dept of the WT is guilty of "quote mining", I say they are guilty of lying.

Just occasionally in my life I have done asimilar thing, told half the story, a half-truth if you can call it that, or been economical with the truth, as I was in a religion that purported to worship "The God of Truth ", Jehovah, I felt very guilty about doing it.

The writing guys at WT feel no such guilt, they have been pulled up for doing it so many times but they continue, I am sure they are all Hacks who have no belief in a God of Truth at all.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We are told Triceratops lived during the late Maastrichtian stage of the Late Cretaceous Period, around 68 to 65 million years ago. However, Tyrannosaurus Rex fossils are found in a variety of rock formations dating to the Maastrichtian age of the upper Cretaceous Period, 67 to 65.5 million years ago.

This is of course in line with ‘new light’™ as they ‘evidently overlapped’!

Here’s irrefutable proof………

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    We are told Triceratops lived during the late Maastrichtian stage of the Late Cretaceous Period, around 68 to 65 million years ago. However, Tyrannosaurus Rex fossils are found in a variety of rock formations dating to the Maastrichtian age of the upper Cretaceous Period, 67 to 65.5 million years ago.

In JW chronology, the Maastrichtian stage probably ended last Thursday.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was out in service with the presiding overseer's wife one day. She made a comment along the lines that all dinosaurs were herbivores and that t-rex and other predator dinosaurs used their teeth to strip bark off of trees for food.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Ten Percent. LOL they're jealous.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

They were destroyed at dinosaurogeddon when they all became mentally diseased apostosaurases

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Slightly more than 10% of Catholics leave. That leaves almost 90% that remain Catholic--which, in this day where religions are expendible and disproven with a mouse click, is a lot. I must add that I am among that slightly more than 10%, since I was raised Catholic and did nothing for that church until I had to disassociate to become a witless.

However, I am also among those leaving the witlesses. You are looking at around 35% of witlesses born in the cancer staying in the cancer. I am not quite among that number because I was not born in the cancer. And, when all they are exposed to is this kind of rubbish, it is no wonder the witlesses are leaving.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Concerning the quote about the Catholics from the Nov, 2011 Awake, p. 29, here is the full quote. It is just a blurb, and there is no context around it:

“Slightly more than

10 percent of American

adults (10.1 percent)

have left the Catholic

church after having been

raised Catholic.”

NATIONAL

CATHOLIC REPORTER,

U.S.A.

Note that this is not saying that 10% of people raised as Catholics leave the faith. It is saying that 10% of American adults are former Catholics. This translates to saying that (.101 x 217 million adults) 21.9 million former Catholics in the US. Given that there are 35 million people of Hispanic heritage in the US, that is not really a surprising number.

This is a different measure than saying that 37% of people raised as JW leave that faith. The same pewform.org report contains this statement on page 7:

Approximately one-third of the survey respondents who say they were raised Catholic no

longer describe themselves as Catholic. This means that roughly 10% of all Americans are former

Catholics.

1/3 of Catholic youths leave their faith... 2/3 of JW youths leave their faith. Hmmmmm , which is worse?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit