2/15 WT - WTS Controls by Fear, Confusion, Separating Friends & Family

by flipper 22 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Once again in a WT study article entitled " Imitate Jesus' Example of Watchfulness " the WT society tries to control JW members through fear mongering, confusing them by inconsistent and contradictory wording, and emphasizing devotion to WT society " sacred service " over devotion to family and friends.

We all know the WT society has always said that " nobody knows the day and hour " of the alleged Armageddon - yet out of the same mouth the WT society claims to know the " day " of the end close enough to have duped people with 1975 and put fear into JW's that the " end " is " imminent" . Notice these quotes from paragraph 4 in this article. It states, " In brief, Jesus wants us to remain watchful because of what we know and what we do not know. " It goes on and says Jesus didn't know the hour and asks, " What about us today ? Is our knowledge of the future limited ? Of course it is ! We do not know just when Jehovah will send forth his Son to put an end to this wicked system of things. If we did, would we really need to keep on the watch ? " Then in the next breath the next paragraph says, " WE DO KNOW a great deal about God's kingdom and what it will accomplish in the NEAR FUTURE . As we look around us , whether at school, at work, or in the territory where we carry out our ministry , do we not observe that most people live in utter darkness regarding these glorious truths ? Each opportunity is precious, and we do not want to squander any. LIVES are at stake ! " O.K. So out of one corner of the WT society's mouth they say " nobody knows the day or hour " - yet they then claim that they know the answers to everything about the " near future " - yet every non-Witness is messed up and in " utter darkness " . What a load of horse manure. So which is it - they know or they don't know ? I lean towards the latter.

Then trying to emphasize how important family is they give this example of Jesus , " Was Jesus so focused on his work that he was a fanatic or an ascetic ? Was he so absorbed in his ministry that he was aloof from practical needs of families ? No, Jesus set a perfect example of balance. He enjoyed life, taking pleasure in happy times with his friends. He valued families, showing profound empathy for their needs and problems, and he freely showed his affection for children. " So this makes you think the WT society is getting ready to encourage family first and relationships - right ? Not so fast .

It continues in the next paragraph, " As we imitate Jesus' example of watchfulness, how can we strive for a similar balance ? We DO NOT let this world distract us from our work. Even well-meaning friends and relatives may urge us to slow down in our ministry or to seek a normal life. " ( Seems like they are DISCOURAGING normal human relationships to me ! ) Then it goes on, " If we imitate Jesus, however, we view our ministry as if it were food . " ( Like THAT'S normal behavior ? ) Good lord.

Then later in the article it puts down husbands for taking jobs which will make them miss meetings. Thus another thing for Witnesses to worry about to appease the WT society leaders and elders. So through keeping JW's in fear of the end times and confusing them with double meanings and hard to interpret, inconsistent " counsel " even regarding how much they should put first the preaching work as opposed to having " normal " relationships with family and friends- is it any wonder most Jehovah's Witnesses are driven around the bend emotionally, mentally, and physically ?

I'm glad I exited 8 years ago. It's been nice to have my sanity back these last 8 years, what about you ? How do you feel about it ? As always I look forward to any and all comments you would like to make on this article . Look forward to your takes on it. Happy new year everyone ! Let's make it a good one ! Peace out to all of you, Mr. Flipper

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

Like I commented on a earlier thread:

Throughout my young childhood, the hearing of children being hurried down the isle being spanked and then spanked some more, always caused my stomach to be in knots while setting there doing nothing but circling the word “God” and “Jehovah” in some old Witness magazines or books. Somehow, even at six or seven I knew it was all poppycock.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thnx flipper

The more I see of quotes like this the more I cringe.How could I have ever been so stupid & gullble not only to accept this crap myself but to influence other members of my relations to join & to top it all off bring my children up in this cult.And it took me 33 years to see the light.

smiddy

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there flipper, Happy New Year :))

" Thrilling events [ are ] in connection with Gods kingdom "________ Reasoning book page 340

" Why do Jehovah's Witnesses say that Gods Kingdom was established in 1914?________ Reasoning book page 95

Note what the bible says in contrast to the Jehovah's Witnesses

Luke 17 : 20 " But on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming , he answered them and said : " the Kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness "

Luke 17 : 21 "Neither will people be saying, see here or there !! for look the kingdom of God is in your mist."

Jehovah Witnesses associate the start of world wide conflict in 1914 with the establishment Of Gods Kingdom

And yet Luke : 20 ,21 say different

• flipper
    flipper

JUDICIAL COMMITTEE- I remember hearing children getting spanked as well when I was a JW child. Sometimes I got spanked, but not often. It was really creepy seeing angry parents walking down ailses with vitriol in their eyes waiting to spank children for just being children. Creepy.

SMIDDY- I feel bad as well having raised my 3 children in this cult. My son is free and out, but 2 daughters in their mid 20's are still trapped inside it. Don't feel bad about waiting 33 years to exit the Witnesses. At least you got out earlier than me ! I didn't exit until age 44 .

WASBLIND- Happy new year to you as well ! Hope you have a great one ! I agree the WT society's views of the " last days " is totally skewed and they are scrambling now with their overlapping generation theory. They don't know their butt from a hole in the ground

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I'm glad I exited 8 years ago. It's been nice to have my sanity back these last 8 years, what about you ?

Abso-bloody-lutely!

It's been about 8 years for me too Flip . . . not all of them sane however. I look back past those 8 years and see a different man in my body. They were right about one thing . . . they gave me a new personality. I just forgot for 20-odd years that the old personality was far superior. I'm glad to be getting it back . . . even if a bit bruised and battered.

What's crystal clear to me now is the total self interest of WTS leaders. They are totally heartless when it comes to women, children and family bonds . . . they're deemed of little value next to their personal and organisational aspirations. Curiously, these are by far the most important things in my life now. And these things should be the chief concern of any sane and normal man.

• nugget
    nugget

I feel for those still in and trying to make sense of this nonsense. They state that Jesus is the example they try to imitate and yet there actions are far removed from his teachings. They say how important family was to Jesus that he was caring and loving and then they say that family is not that important. Don't get jobs that make you miss meetings because listening to poorly prepared talks for 2 hours is more important than feeding your family and keeping a roof over your head.

It seems as if they are placing themselves in every family corrupting the blood relationships devaluing family concerns as interfering. If a family member is telling you to slow down there is generally a good reason for it. In a normal world your family are the people you rely on and care for. By devaluing the opinions and importance of family then they are positioned as an obstacle with the idea that they can be cast off if they do not agree with your religious point of view.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi Flipper, Sooo nice to finally get to talkwith you and your lovely wife. I haven't read the article you quoted from but It's obvious nothing written in the WT has improved since I quit reading them. The heinous story about Selma and her jackass husband was pretty much the last one I've read. completely agree with all the comments written so far.

Yeah, whatever you do, don't listen to family and friends who encourage you to look after your health. The sooner you drop dead the sooner we(WT$) will inherate your estate. Besides the end is so close, you don't have to worry about preparing for old age- Oh you already ARE old? We already took the last of your money and wont give it back? Well just go on welfare and rot in the county hospital. Problem solved.

As you know Flip, they really did say that about my mom.

• xelder
    xelder

Mr Flipper {sigh} my, my, my {shakes head},

Dont you realize that Russell, Joe Rutherford, Knorr, Freddie, and Ted are all looking down at you from God's right hand and frowning?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Want a job that will cause you to miss meetings? Just apply for Bethel, especially for the work on their building projects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit