Testing to see if I can start a post at all

by Open mind 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hello,

I tried starting a thread with a picture of an irreverent nativity scene and I guess the Hoooly Spirit must have stopped it.

Now just seeing if I can start a thread at all.

om

• Open mind
    Open mind

Yep. This worked.

I'm using Firefox and trying to copy a photo from my hard drive. The site goes into an iterminable "upload".

Any suggestions?

om

• Open mind
    Open mind

Just bumping this for today's crowd.

Has anyone been able to successfully post a picture from their hard drive directly to this site without going through a service like PhotoBucket?

om

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Your holy spirit comment made me remember something.

I found this site about a year after I stopped going to meetings.  I was mostly out, but I still believed it was the truth on some level.  Or at least I felt there was enough of a chance that it could be the truth to where I didn't want to completely "go apostate."

After a few long nights of reading the board, I began to put any lingering doubts to bed...sort of.  I remember composing a terribly long introductory post spanning several pages on Microsoft Word.  Then I tried to cut and paste it onto the forum using my newly-created account....and....nothing.  I kept getting error message after error message.  Maybe it was the programming/indoctrination or maybe there was still some lingering doubts way inside my subconscious, but I didn't attempt to post my story until many weeks later.  When I was a witness and something like that would happen I would attribute it to the holy spirit trying to lead me in the right direction.

After a while I learned it was simply a well-known quirk of the forum software.  If you wanted to cut and paste you had to use Microsoft notepad or some other cheap software that didn't come with a bunch of coding.  The software threw up whenever you tried to paste something with a bunch of source coding (or whatever it's called).  In hindsight, I'm glad I was never able to post that original story.  It included way too many personal details.  The introductory post I eventually submitted was extremely long anyway, and I probably cut it down to a quarter of the original length.  

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Let me test posting. I think I had trouble the other day. Testing 1,2,3! Testing 1,2,3!
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder
    Testing add picture feature:

-TE

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Sweet!

You can just post from your desktop or whatever. I am using chrome.

-TE

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks, neverendingjourney,, for that tour down JW crazy-think memory lane.

And thanks to TTATTElder for doing the picture testing.  I'm using Firefox and unable to post pix from my hard drive.  Maybe I'll give Chrome a whirl.

om

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I left home on vaca with only the smart phone to get on the internet.  This newfangled dot com thingee would let me read but not post, and even then an old fart like me had a tough time figuring all this stuff out.  So a few days later, it now lets me post from my android and I am starting to figure out how to find things.  I haven't really given it enough time yet, so I can't tell you what's good or bad about it.  I do not take to technical change very well.  We will muddle through.
  • Open mind
    Open mind

Resized photo using Paint. Trying again using home PC and Firefox.

Yay!!!  I reduced it to 40% of it's original size and it worked!

I am a frikkin' techno-genius!

(And humble too.)

: )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit