Febuary 21 2012 We could make a difference,if we want to. A World Wide Campaign sending letters to Govt. officials,newspapers, to Victoria Australia

by smiddy 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Roski, Thank you for your suggestion. Are you referring to Kate Langbroek who shares a 6-9 AM breakfast radio show with Dave Hughesy (see http://www.novafm.com.au/nova100/show_hughesy-and-kate_2)? I'm having difficult in thinking how to present ideas to help Steve Unthank's cause to Kate Langbroek when Kate plays records and talks imbetween with Dave Hughesy or will speak for a speaking fee of $5,000 to $!0,000.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Roski
    Roski

I don't know the program but I guess that would be her.

Perhaps you could leave a message at the station for her or she may have contact details.

No doubt her parents are well aware of this issue (she stopped associating at a young age).

Her father was a school teacher, so this association may have some impact on her thinking.

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

• smiddy
    smiddy

Just commenting on these last two threads between Roski and ABibleStudent (apologies for coming in so late) Kate Langbroek obviously decided that the religion of Jehovah`s Witnesses that her parents have was not for her, and has made a carreer for herself in the media/entertainment world which she has been very successful at.Now being a high profile media personality their is no way she wants to get involved with a religous controversy,especially one that involves her parents.That`s understandable isn`t it ? She doesn`t want to embarass her parents or put them on the spot ,so to speak,on the other hand her parents knowing she is a high profile media personality are certainly not going to shun her for rejecting the JW religion because that could backfire on the organization. However it does demonstrate the double standards JW`s have for the rank and file over celebrities.

smiddy

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Smiddy just some more on Kate Langbroek. Her parents are no longer JWs - here is a link to her father's story Langbroek Family .

Kate's brother John is a politician and was actually the Leader of the Opposition here in Qld.

Hopscotch

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks for that Hopscotch,it was a most interesting read

smiddy

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Excerpt from Jan and Anne Langbroek's Story -

In the mean time our daughter, Katie, had graduated as a journalist and had left home. Once in a while she would join us at a WT study but that was only to please us as she was afraid to hurt us. It was not long after, that Anne received 'Crisis of Conscience'. (It was sent anonymously from the USA). I did not know that she had received the book, nor that she was reading it and crying herself to sleep every evening. After a week or so she gave the book to me with the words: 'I think you ought to read this'. Although we had had misgivings about the organization for a considerable time, to actually read about their misdeeds, conspiracies and falsehoods, was a different matter.

Almost immediately we stopped witnessing, I resigned as an elder and we left the congregation. Occasionally we would attend the Sunday meeting at a different congregation, just to put them off the track, as we did not want to be disfellowshipped because of my relatives in The Netherlands, who were fanatic JW's.

Thanks Hopscotch for the link. I thought it was interesting how a copy of "Crisis of Conscience" sent anonymously helped two or more JWs to awaken. I wonder what would happen if more exJWs would send "Crisis of Conscience" anonymously to JWs with doubts, or anonymous emails with website addresses like www.jwfacts.com or a link to Amazon.com to purchase "Crisis of Conscience" in the email.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• smiddy
    smiddy

ABibleStudent

That may not be such a bad idea you have, ABS ,sending anonymously ( i would think e-mail links, rather than books, which could be a lot more expensive) to ones we had a lot to do with when we were active jw`s it would be something like reverse witnessing,after all it is usually" anonymous" witnesses, people we have never met before, who call on our door uninvited and try to give us literature,so turning the tables on them may just have the desired effect in awakening an x amount of people to the freedom the" truth" really gives.{ An annual event is just too long} ,maybe a monthly event ,say the 1st day of the month,as many of us who want to could engage in such an activity,and over time maybe many more would join us in doing so ,who knows where it could lead to. Maybe you would like to start another thread along these lines ABS,test the waters, see where it leads ? What do you think ?

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

I mentioned sending e-mails ,but of course you may not have that,and jw`s do tend to move around a bit however here in australia if you know the persons name and the area they live in its not hard to get an address doing a telephone search ( white pages /yellow pages ) which will give you their current address.I have found a few long lost people that way. Maybe it`s similar in other countries ?

smiddy

• Roski
    Roski

I certainly can't speak for her, however I do know that she has been quite forthcoming in the past about being raised as a JW - and some of the consequences.

I do believe there was a TV program not too long ago where she focused quite extensively on her young life. I did not see this - only heard about it. Something on SBS I think. This is just information I know( in response to a request for suggestions); how/if it is used is up to whomever is organising/using the information gathered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit