Febuary 21 2012 We could make a difference,if we want to. A World Wide Campaign sending letters to Govt. officials,newspapers, to Victoria Australia

by smiddy 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

This is a sugestion I have to all members of this board ,members from all over the world, to let the Victorian Government in Australia know that the world is concerned about protecting the children of Victoria ,and theirby setting a precedent for the rest of the world, who are interested in the outcome of the criminal charges against the religion of Jehovah`s Witnesses in refusing to abide by the legislation to get "Working With Children Checks"when required to do so.Correct me if i`m wrong but I think if all of us sent letters to the newspapers here in australia ,the different members of parliment here,we would demonstate that the victorian judicial system here is under scrutiny to do the right thing in the eyes of the world.

We all complain that the WTB&TS/Jehovahs Witnesses is a cult religion that sucks,destroying family relationships,here is a chance to do something about it

Whether you agree with Steven Unthank or not,here is an opportunity to stick up for the children of Jehovah`s Witnesses and every other child that a witness calls on in their door to door ministry.

What do you think ?

smiddy

• cedars
    cedars

I would certainly be up for this if it would have a positive impact on the case. Wouldn't the defence argue that the proceedings were being unduly influenced by "apostates" if we did this? I'm just trying to look at this from all perspectives. If it's appropriate and advantageous for us all to write in, I would definitely be up for taking part.

Cedars

• wobble
    wobble

I think this is a splendid idea, we would need to restrain the impulse to have a pop at every aspect of the WT's problems.

We would need to be conscious of the need not to interfere in any way with the Judicial process, so perhaps we could produce suggested template letters, but I do agree that this needs to be seen by those in positions of responsibility in Victoria that this is not just a parochial problem, and that the repercussions if the case is handled well, will benefit children and the vulnerable around the globe.

• Azazel
    Azazel

I could supply you with lots of names and addresses of "people" you /we could write on behalf off just to stir the pot a bit.

But yes we should write every Vic politician we can find

Im in

Az

• smiddy
    smiddy

cedars: I appreciate your point,we would have to be carefull how we word our concern so as not to give the impression we are trying to influence the courts decision.

wobble: Well said

Azazel:That would be very helpful

smiddy

• Azazel
    Azazel

Here's a start , this link is to the Parliment of Victoria and has the postal address of every member of Parliment.

www.parliment.vic.gov.au/members

Now we need to draft a letter, not that we all send word for word because that wont count with them. Just if we could draft the key points of why we have written then we can word it our own way individually.Yes it will take alot of writing but the poor little children who have suffered deserve us to do what we can to protect the next victims.

Az

PS i have a pdf of all their names and postal address just PM me and i will send to you or if someone more tech savy can post it here.sorry

• Azazel
    Azazel

PLEASE eveyone this is a serious matter and if you make one new years resolution then make it to write every Victorian gov member so they are all aware of the pending case in Feb12 and that you applaud the child protection laws that have been passed in Victoria. Praise them as a model for other states/countries.

Every ocean is made up of drops.

If some one would like to draft a few points that our letters could express that would be great.

If anyone can tell me how to post a pdf here then i have the mailing list for every member of parliment in Victoria.

Please support this if you can.

Az

• Azazel
    Azazel

as above

• Azazel
    Azazel

i will keep this current

• Alfred
    Alfred

What's their mailing address or email?

Share this