Current King James Bible now has 6,972 Jehovah's name restored.

by Iamallcool 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Iamallcool
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It does not appear to be an authentic King James Bible. The website is called the Divine Name King James Bible. I have never heard or seen a Divine Name King James Bible. I suspect the copyright expired. If there were a copyright.......

• Azazel
    Azazel

thx lamallcool looks like a good translation and they havent replaced "Lord" in the new testament with Jehovah as the NWT did.

Az

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I suspect the copyright expired. If there were a copyright.......

I suspect that King James was the copyright.

You are correct - this sounds bogus.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I read the site. It is simply the 1611 Authorized King James, public domain, with all of the original errors, the only thing these nameless people (want to be anonymous like the NWT) did is put Jehovah in, by doing this, they are claiming copyright to their version. It is electronic only. They say it cost them $25,000 to accomplish this task. (I think anybody can accomplish this pasting the text into Word and searching and replacing LORD and GOD with Jehovah, can't see why it would cost $25K.)

• possible-san
    possible-san

I evaluate that work.
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/pages/link/link03.html
    (This is my website)

But, there is a part which I feel doubtful.

First, isn't that webmaster (or they) a Jehovah's Witness?
    In the NWT, Jehovah's Witnesses have restored the divine name 6973 times.
    But in this translation, it is 6972 times.
    If they are JWs, since they are wearing the mask, they are insincere.

Secondly, that website aims at collecting donations clearly.
    Today, if people have their own PC, it is easy to replace "LORD" to "Jehovah."
    And their work is only about the Old Testament.
    The New Testament is not related to their work.

Thirdly, they only did that easy work, and assert copyright.
    I feel that this is hypocritical.

possible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It is a misconception that JWs have a monopoly on the name Jehovah. The Sacred Name Bible Movement is not affiliated with Jehovah's Witnesses.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Nobody has mixed up the "Sacred Name Movement" and the "Jehovah's Witnesses", Jeffro.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You claim

Nobody has mixed up the "Sacred Name Movement" and the "Jehovah's Witnesses", Jeffro.

and you claim

If they are JWs, since they are wearing the mask, they are insincere.

Let me know once you've made up your mind. However, I'll get bored of this topic awfully soon, so you'll have to be quick.

• cedars
    cedars

There's no such thing as a "current" King James version. It isn't open to revision. It's kind of a "once and for all time" thing, a bit like the declaration of independence.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit