Woody Allen Jesus

by Qcmbr 6 Replies latest social humour

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Please don't watch if you don't like Tim Minchin or you really like J. but really its not that bad and oddly insightful but it is irreverant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SFdUJLebzU

• glenster
  • talesin
    talesin

It's funny. Unfortunately, Woody Allen makes me want to vomit ever since I found out he is a pedophile.

tal

• glenster
    glenster

Around 1980, Allen began a relationship with actress Mia Farrow, who had
    leading roles in several of his movies from 1982 to 1992. Farrow and Allen
    never married and kept separate homes but they adopted two children, Dylan
    Farrow (who changed her name to Eliza and is now known as Malone) and Moshe
    Farrow (now known as Moses); they also had one biological child, Satchel Farrow
    (now known as Ronan Seamus Farrow). Allen did not adopt any of Farrow's other
    family, including Soon-Yi Farrow Previn (the adopted daughter of Farrow and
    André Previn, now known as Soon-Yi Previn). Allen and Farrow separated in 1992,
    after Farrow discovered nude photographs that Allen had taken of a then 20-year-
    old Soon-Yi. In her autobiography, What Falls Away (New York: Doubleday, 1997),
    Farrow says that Allen admitted to a relationship with Soon-Yi.

After Allen and Farrow separated, a long public legal battle for the custody of
    their three children began. During the proceedings, Farrow alleged that Allen
    had sexually molested their adopted daughter Dylan, who was then seven years
    old. The judge eventually concluded that the sex abuse charges were
    inconclusive but called Allen's conduct with Soon-Yi "grossly inappropriate."
    She called the report of the team that investigated the issue "sanitized and
    therefore, less credible" and added that she had "reservations about the
    reliability of the report." Farrow won custody of their children. Allen was
    denied visitation rights with Malone and could see Ronan only under supervision.
    Moses, who was then 14, chose not to see Allen.

In a 2005 Vanity Fair interview, Allen estimated that, despite the scandal's
    damage to his reputation, Farrow's discovery of Allen's attraction to Soon-Yi
    Previn by finding nude photographs of her was "just one of the fortuitous
    events, one of the great pieces of luck in my life. . . It was a turning point
    for the better." Of his relationship with Farrow, he said, "I'm sure there are
    things that I might have done differently. . . Probably in retrospect I should
    have bowed out of that relationship much earlier than I did." In a report June
    22, 2011, Reuters quoted Allen as saying, "What was the scandal? I fell in love
    with this girl, married her. We have been married for almost 15 years now. There
    was no scandal, but people refer to it all the time as a scandal and I kind of
    like that in a way because when I go I would like to say I had one real juicy
    scandal in my life.

After ending his relationship with Mia Farrow in 1992, Allen continued his
    relationship with Soon-Yi Previn. Even though Allen never married Mia Farrow
    and was never Previn's legal stepfather, the relationship between Allen and
    Previn has often been referred to as a father involved romantically with his
    stepdaughter since he had been perceived as being in Previn's life in a father-
    like capacity. For example, in 1991, The New York Times described Allen's family
    life by reporting, "Few married couples seem more married. They are constantly
    in touch with each other, and not many fathers spend as much time with their
    children as Allen does." Despite assertions from Previn that Allen was never a
    father figure to her, the relationship became a scandal. In 1991, when the
    relationship started, Allen was 56 and Previn was 21. Asked whether their age
    difference was conducive to "a healthy, equal relationship," Allen said equality
    is not necessarily a requirement in a relationship and said, "The heart wants
    what it wants. There's no logic to those things. You meet someone and you fall
    in love and that's that."

Allen and Previn married on December 24, 1997, in the Palazzo Cavalli in Venice.
    The couple has adopted two daughters, naming them Bechet and Manzie Tio after
    jazz musicians Sidney Bechet, Manzie Johnson and Lorenzo Tio, Jr.

Allen and Farrow's biological son, Ronan Seamus Farrow, said of Allen: "He's my
    father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That
    is such a moral transgression. I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship
    with my father and be morally consistent... I lived with all these adopted
    children, so they are my family. To say Soon-Yi was not my sister is an insult
    to all adopted children."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_allen#Mia_Farrow

• cantleave
    cantleave

Tim Minchin is brilliant!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Clever Tim.

• tinker
    tinker

I discovered Tim Minchin just a few months ago and I am In Crush with him. I adore wit and satire and his music could stand on it's own. Just heard Woody Allen Jesus this morning after it was cut from a British talk show. He wrote a clever rant.

His 'White Wine In The Sun' is my new favorite Christmas song. Check it out on Youtube = beautiful and smart

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit