U.S. Army Policy Letter Regarding Jehovah's Witnesses And Blood

by Bangalore 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am more confused than ever. From my exposure, I would think the once converted, one would have to leave the military immediately -- even if meant sitting in a military prison. The same principles should apply as applied to members being drafted. My uncle spent time in Danbury Federal Prison. One of the reasons money was so tight in the family was that no male members served in the military. Veterans' preference is a strong force in the market. Altho I was raised that it was bad, I feel there should be even stronger veterans' preference.

I feel sorry for an md in a combat area having to know and then apply this memo.

Interesting find. So what does the Society actually teach today? If there are two strands of belief, anyone who goes to prison for the neutrality doctrine is a fool.

I've also read that early Christians both served in the Roman Army and refused to serve during the same time period. Local beliefs seemed to determine the outcome. So it wasn't clear to the earliest generations.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

The German army during WW2 had some fanatical nazis soldiers refusing blood transfusions on the grounds that their pure Aryan blood might be tainted if they accepted blood . They were also similar to the Witnesses in that they thought they were the master race.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

BotR Conversion is a subjective term. A military member can be a religious convert in his own mind by believing the tenents of his new faith. JW History shows that true Jehovah's Witnesses are part of the FDS, the heavenly kingdom recepients only. The rest of them are ASSOCIATES and fellow believers. The military membe is viewed as a close associate and suitable for kingdom blessings provided he continues his path to leave the world's military organization. The military member is just not listed as an "Unbaptised publisher" but can be verbally listed as an "approved associate". Such a fine line.

We have posters here who are still attending JW meetings but still state that they don't believe anymore. Are they not converts to the world? Sure. It's a fine line on either side of the fence.

• undercover
    undercover

WWHPD

What Would Hawkeye Pierce Do?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

When I was born in 1961 my Dad was active Marine Corps ,and my Mom was JW . We lived on base ,and I was born in a Naval hospital . My Mom had to have a c-section , and told everyone she did not want a blood transfusion . Yet when she was coming out of surgery the Doctor told my Dad she needed one ,and they gave it to her against her wishes . She was pissed about that her whole life !

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I would assume that the military is giving wide discretion that civilian hospitals don't have. Just mention the word "military" or "foreign affairs" and the Supreme Court tends to stay away from the issue. The appearance of impropriety should be important to them. Military trained, real men must be a powerful asset for them b/c there as so few brothers with competency.

• rebel8
    rebel8

"All jw patients who are non-scheduled (such as deliveries) or acute surgical cases, and refuse to consent to a blood transfusion, will automatically be transferred to civilian care."

I guess the U.S. Army is exempt from EMTALA.

• smiddy
    smiddy

undercover

That cracked me up. LOL

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Then again he may just hand the case over to frank

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest