"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the JWs are more frequently bringing up the need for a wife, or women in general to be submissive to men. This article to me is over the top, even for the WTS, but what is going on, are they more and more focusing on the need to have women bring men to the organization???

• ziddina
    ziddina

Psst!! Wha Happened!!

If your wife would watch it, rent "Enough" with Jennifer Lopez and Fred Ward - a month or so before the article comes out...

Just something to "prime the brain"...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "This article to me is over the top, even for the WTS, but what is going on, are they more and more focusing on the need to have women bring men to the organization??? ..."

Yeah, InSearchOfTruth, and look at the TYPE of men that they're attempting to drag into the borganization...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was tryng to keep it above board and intelligent, and unfortunately, Jennifer Lopez doesn't bring much to the table.

Lol I hear ya though. Honestly, this doesn't need much introduction. My work will be comparing this with other articles that basically state to the avg publisher, "you don't rate". I thought the no education ones were pretty good, but there is absolutely no upside to this article. What was that line? "who's trying to be the christian here?"How about? "Are you ok?" "Did u call the police?" How about every member of the GB get a kick in the nuts everytime one of the sheep have to take a punch, "for Jehovah".

• Lore
    Lore

To be precise: This magazine is not promoting or condoning men hitting their husbands. The implication is, "hey, he's worldly, don't expect him to be peaceable."

It doesn't outright condemn him for hitting his wife, but I believe that's a given based on their other articles about how a christian husband should be loving..

The major fail is not what this paragraph is telling husbands, the major fail is what the watchtower is telling wives. Namely: If you are in a physically abusive relationship, you should stick with him instead of leaving. And that's just horrible advice.

• undercover
    undercover

This magazine is not promoting or condoning men hitting their husbands.

Actually, I don't think that's much of a problem in JW land...

• cedars
    cedars

I've just sent an email with an attachment of the magazine to the UK women's charities Refuge and Women's Aid.

I'll let you all know if I get a response.

Cedars

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Just take your beating and viola!.... in a mere 17 years or so your husband will see things your way.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I read the paragraph and see it like this:

Jehovah's Witness woman to domestic violence victim: "The fact that your husband just beat you is not reason enough to put off our Bible study."

ZERO CHRISTIAN LOVE. We did not hear:

1) Are you hurt? Do you need medical attention?

2) Do you need a place to stay where you will be free from violence? You can stay with my family.

3) The congregation will put you up in a safe place until such time you can get on your feet.

This is truly unacceptable cult behavior and here the WTB&TS put this Witness up on a pedastel as an shining example.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There ya go Cedars.

Lore, I agree with u. Nowhere did it say, "hit your wife". But it completely dismises the crime, yes, it is a crime to hit your spouse, in order to further the preaching work. Throw some ice on it, take an asprin, and be a good christian wife. maybe after he remorses that his hand is hurting, he'll rethink his error

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit