What was the last meeting you ever went to?

by lilbluekitty 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

I don't remember what was the last meeting i went to, it could have been the Sunday Public Talk/WT.

I was treated like 2nd class...as usual

Reason for being my last: lack of love transportation

I was in car group, but the driver was given more borg responsibilities. So occasionally, everyone had to find a ride.

Sadly only a few people from the KH were able to give us a ride once in a while.

Then eventually, I was expected to walk 2 miles to the KH and 2 miles back home - even if it was cold and raining outside. Afterall, "our brothers and sisters in Africa walk hours to their meetings."

So much for taking care of the sheep.

• openmindnow
    openmindnow

Last Sunday, I make maybe a meeting a month to keep the elders off my wifes back.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've not had one visit from the elders in all the years I've been away, they've never bothered me in over a decade (until recently when they wanted to ask me something about my personal life to 'help' someone else, how kind)

• out4good3
    out4good3

I only go to the occasional memorial with my wife if I have nothing work related plans that evening and absolutely nothing else to do.

If she gets any shit from the elders because of that, then I'll not go altogether.

• Quendi
    Quendi

My last meeting was Sunday, 13 June 2010 for the Public Talk and Watchtower study. I was in the fifth year of my exile from the organization, having been disfellowshipped in September 2005. I had met with my judicial committee the previous Thursday and was awaiting their decision about my reinstatement request. The following day, Monday the fourteenth, I was refused reinstatement. I never went back to the Kingdom Hall after that Sunday meeting and have no intention of ever doing so again. As my late father used to say to indicate his refusal to do something, "I'll die and burn in hell first!"

Even if I had been reinstated, my plan was to fade. I had reached the point where I couldn't even mouth the words of the Kingdom songs anymore because I didn't believe in the lyrics. That was because I had finally embraced TTATT; so I didn't believe in the doctrines anymore and no longer wanted to be a Witness. I was tired of the false religion, the hypocrisy of the organization, its racist, sexist and homophobic teachings and practices, and the callous disregard for real shepherding the elders displayed. The only reason I sought reinstatement was to regain my friends in the organization. TTATT showed me how vain and fruitless that would be. If they wouldn't associate with me and love me for the person I truly was, then there was no need or reason for me to seek or desire their fellowship.

Once I stopped going to meetings it was amazing how quickly I lost all desire to do so. It was wonderful to have my weeknights free, not having to dress for meetings and field service, listen to dull talks from the platform, and endure the mind-numbing and specious rhetoric of WTS publications and lackeys. I've recultivated old interests and am pursuing new ones. My weekends are wide open now, and even better, I have found a spiritual community that has welcomed me with open arms. I should have done all this when I was first disfellowshipped instead of letting five frustrating years go by before finally coming to my senses.

Quendi

• Brad Wilson
    Brad Wilson

special talk May 2009

now ex-wife wanted me to go as now ex-dear friend was giving it.

same old drivel and had it not been for that, memorial 2009 would have been last.

sure don't miss it - Brad

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The memorial, 1989. I took a boyfriend (not the hubby) who was a df'd jw. He had to drink a few to go. To this day I wonder why did I even bother?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I went to the memorial. However, in past years I may have attended a special talk or a Sunday, but no more.

I got tired of people coming up to me and trying to give me the third degree. The religion is its own worst enemy for pushing people away.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

amazing threads like this , which there has been many seeing newbies coming on board, I feel almost old now,

The WTS is losing millions from it's lies and cancer.

may more continue to leave.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

woohoo memorial nite 2002 an unbrocken promise to myself never to attend a meeting/convention again, weddings/funerals the exception

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit