What was the last meeting you ever went to?

by lilbluekitty 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• N.drew
    N.drew

It was a very small meeting. There was fewer than four people. I vaguely remember a fourth person there, but I know there were three present, two brothers and me. That was my last meeting. It wasn't for sinning, it was about a letter I sent. Haha. At least I know they received the letter!

• mamamo
    mamamo

Memorial 1991. Since then, my father's funeral. I am thinking about whether I will attend my mother's funeral when the time comes. I really can't say why I went to my father's, maybe because it was expected. It was all I could do to sit there and not rise up and tell the elder speaking who the hell did he think he was talking about? My father? You don't show love by hit and shouting and abusing your family members.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It would have been in the mid to late 1990`s to a" sisters" funeral,who was dear to our hearts.I would never set foot in a KH again no matter what

It was a sham

smiddy

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Stopped going regularly around March 2004. Sporadically after that until about September. JW 'friends' I shared a rented house with insisted I could no longer live there if I wasn't going to 'meetings'. Moved out that October. Didn't go to any more meetings after that except for a funeral that December.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I went to the Holiday Inn memorial this year. I have faded, so rather than go to the KH where my cards are, knowing I was sure to be grilled, I picked the the Hotel venue. I figured it would be much easier to slip in and out without incident in a sea of 700 people. I not only wasn't pestered I wasn't even greeted. I got there in plenty of time. Walked past scores of people, found my seat and looked all around the room.This was not shunning. I didn't know a soul there. I simply was totally ignored. I didn't have a new song book. The people surrounding me noticed but never offered a book to borrow or share. I felt their eyes on me as I just stood there and listened to them sing like squalling cats. At the concluding song, I asked the sister next to me if I could look along w/ her. She nodded. When it was over she never spoke a word to me and neither did ANYONE else even tho I lingered a while just to see if I was imagining things. Nope, not one iota of Christian warmth or love. Strangely, I felt good when I left, as though I'd been shown that there is no more need to ever go back. That night the "friends" did me the biggest favor of my life.

• dm6
    dm6

Mine was the memorial last year. It was my first ever memorial. I had known this so called truth for about 8 months at the time, and was working my way up to being an unbaptized publisher.

As i gazed around throughout the entire meeting, i kept feeling the whole way through it that what everyone was doing was wrong, very wrong. Its like a perverse way of spitting in Jesus face. At least, this is how i see it, and how i feel. I kept thinking how wrong it was, to just pass the wine and bread on to the next person who would likewise pass it on.

Jesus tells us to drink the blood and eat the body of christ in rememberance of him. Later that night, things started to dawn on me, even the holy cross they hold in contempt.

And the whole blood issue.

Its like this organiztion has just spat in jesus face, brainwashed all its members into feeling they do accept christ when they dont know themselves, they do NOT.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

The last meeting I went to was at my parents' congregation. My wife and I were visiting them, and she stayed behind because she was 'sick'. I went to the early meeting alone (10am) so as not to miss any of the football games that day. Everyone else in the family went to the afternoon meeting because "that's where Jehovah scheduled them to go." I was already several months into being completely mentally out, but I was also in the routine of going to just enough meetings that I wouldn't receive too much attention. I was simply fading, but didn't know the term back then.

Anyway, I was sitting there listening to the public talk about how good and holy JWs are and how horrifically bad the world is, and how JWs are the most educated people on the planet and how the world is one big suicidal, drug-addicted, psychotic mess. And it hit me. What the hell am I doing sitting here listening to garbage I don't even believe in anymore? No family members were around to fake it for. So I walked out 15 minutes into the Public Talk. And never looked back. I went to a bookstore to kill time so as to cover for me being gone.

The last Memorial my wife and I went to was especially memorable. I was long gone by then, probably 3 years since my last meeting. She was deep into studying her way out of the religion herself. But she wanted to go to keep her parents off her back. So we went. And halfway through the talk, she began shaking her head. I noticed but didn't say anything. The more that guy spewed WT spin the more my wife was seeing through it for what it was. Until finally the speaker said something (I can't even remember what it was now) and my wife busted out laughing before she could cover her mouth with her hand. Strange glares from those sitting around us followed.

We left when it was over and she never went back.

• Martyn
    Martyn

Sometime around 1994. Part of my fade was going to two different groups in the same hall. My new one and my old one and then stopped going all together, so I'm not sure which one. All I do know is that it was so stale and boring that I felt like I was in a dentist chair sort of. Could not wait to get out of there. The material had become so tired that i could finish all sentences spoken. I still talk witness once in a while for a laugh, recently i got together with an old and we chattered the talk for a while it was good fun, not so funny that it was still there so many years later. If it wasn't such a pile of horse crap i'd still probably pop in once in a while.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Memorial 2009. Gave the talk, knew it would be my last meeting. Completely ditched the outline and talked about what it means to truly love our neighbor and show unconditional love. It was a poignant talk that most of the audience responded to. The other elders of course put a bullseye on my back.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Today, Public Talk & Watchtower Study.

Really awful and boring, the study overseer had to drag the answers out of the audience.

One day I will be free but not until my wife and family wise up.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit