Your most DISTURBING WATCHTOWER Bethel/Branch experience? (No full names please)

by Balaamsass 165 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ah yes WT farms, where the men are men and the sheep are scared

• life is to short
    life is to short

Marked for latter

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I think getting to KNOW a number of Governing Body members personally. Some were God fearing men, some kind, and thoughtful, like Ray Franz,and Booth others very flawed like Chity, and Fred Franz. I thought if this is the house of God, why isn't the Holy Spirit more active in ALL the leaders? Why the self-assuming arrogance,and fits of anger?

• baltar447
    baltar447

bttt this thread is full of win.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wheres caleb?: What do you call any institution that holds others accountable and yet excuses themselves whenever it is convenient?

The WTBTS!

mann377: The Bethel office was looking for a red flannel shirt. Why? It seems that a sister was raped by someone wearing a red flannel shirt

You mean like this?

Freddie Franz and the Red Flannel Shirt

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

OODAD!!! You found him!!!!!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I had only been at Bethel a couple of months when I was assaulted by a Bethel Elder. One morning, I walked past him and greeted him by the nick name that I had heard everyone referring to him by. I was horrified when he grabbed me around the throat, threw me against the wall and said "my name is Br Surname, if you ever call me that again I will kill you".

Bethel was a rapid awakening to the fact that there is no holy spirit guiding bethel, it is just a second rate factory run by poorly skilled managers. Though there were a number of nice people, many were not, and I started to very seriously question why JW's would be more worthy of salvation than anyone else.

Although being an average JW publisher cannot really be compared to a commune cult, Bethel certainly can, with the intensity of the rules, the menial use of free labour and living in a compound. As an example of how menial the rules were, I was constantly in trouble, and in meetings with Bethel overseers, for things such as going to bed too late, or listening to music whilst cleaning. In the US it is only going to get worse for the Bethelites when they have moved out of Brooklyn and into the more isolated country side.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Grabbed you 'round the throat ???

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

I Loved the fact that the overseer told me I woked well, but I needed to show more "initiative" - translation you must work harder!!! I thought I was giving them enough being that I was free labor.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL- I love these stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit