Your most DISTURBING WATCHTOWER Bethel/Branch experience? (No full names please)

by Balaamsass 165 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Amazing thread.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

keep them coming Sparky

• sparky1
    sparky1

I just remembered this experience while I was out mowing the lawn this morning. It is not shocking but rather comical in light of the WATCHTOWER SOCIETY'S on again off again love-hate relationship with the UNITED NATIONS. It was only my second day at Bethel in June of 1974 and I was hanging around the front desk at the 124 Building. It was during lunch so there was not much activity. In comes some guy in a suit and tie with a briefcase and walks up the the front desk. He asks to see someone 'in charge' and he is asked what his business is. He replys that he is from the UNITED NATIONS and he came here to present the WATCHTOWER SOCIETY with a plaque and some other paperwork praising the good works of the SOCIETY. The guy at the desk (he was a long time Bethelite) took the plaque and paperwork and threw it into the rubbish right in front of the guy! He said something to the effect of 'We don't want this god damned junk and here is where it belongs!'. (I have not used quotation marks because I don't remember his exact words) The poor guy from the UNITED NATIONS left in a huff but came back seconds later and retrieved the plaque and paperwork from out of the rubbish basket. How humiliating for the poor guy. He was just doing his job.

• Balaamsass2
  • Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

The USA Zone meeting brought up some new problems at Bethel. LATE to Breakfast...in TIGHT PANTS?

I need to know more about this serious Bethel problem. Anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv7Ts4v5_Bs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The USA Zone meeting brought up some new problems at Bethel. LATE to Breakfast...in TIGHT PANTS?

I need to know more about this serious Bethel problem. Anyone?

I think you nailed it. The Bethel boys have been up to no good and the story is about to break. This 'test of faith' was the lead up to it...the best is yet to come once news gets out as to what "Really Happened".

This Zone meeting was a classic public dressing down of the 'bad ones'. Tony was picked to do the 'shaming'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit