Your most DISTURBING WATCHTOWER Bethel/Branch experience? (No full names please)

by Balaamsass 165 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MochaLatte
    MochaLatte

3rdGen:

Thanks, it all worked out in the end although it was very difficult at the time. That all happened so many years ago, and it doesn't bother me like it used to when I believed JWs were special. I am now happily married to a wonderful man and I'm very happy to be free of all that male chauvinist nonsense. How about you?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Mocha Latte: I remarried too. He was an elder at the time who had a backgroud in the "truth" similar to mine. We had one unusual and disturbing situation after another happen in our lives that forced us to take a closer look at the WTS. We are in the process of a "fade". Hubby is Balamsass. He picked the name for several reasons, one being I sometimes call him the last half. LOL

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

MochaL Where are my manners? So very glad things worked out well for you. You earned it!

• MochaLatte
    MochaLatte

3rdGen:

Well, what a coincidence, I didn't realize you're the OP's wife. I'm happy for you that you have each other and are both on the same page. Good luck to both of you. My husband is also an ex-Witness and it helps that we share a common background. He and I had also experienced and witnessed injustices and he as an elder had gone through many things that caused him to be ashamed of what he was asked to do. He would like to forget that he ever was a Witness, but I am more interested in keeping up with what's happening in their world as most of my family are very actively involved still.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Your husband whose guilt was covered over with the love of the 'elderly men', did he have a skillset the brothers needed badly? If I was a, hypothetically, a decent lawyer or a tax lawyer with a C.P.A, would I be allowed to sin and get away with it? Was your ex-husband able to get his elderhood back? What was his punishment, if you don't mind sharing it. I know these topics are painful and bring back the injustices and humilation, but they help others to see, how less than humane this men can be. Did these experiences crush your spirtual side, or have you been able to get closer to Jesus with your experiences?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I am damn lucky I was not a born-in. And they were damn lucky I was never spiritual enough for Bethel service.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Mocha your story is shocking but not really surprising.

One evening at dinner time a guy suddenly burst through the double swinging doors into the dining room swinging his arms and bookbag in the air shouting " I'M GOING OUT IN SERVICE IN HARLEM....ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME...COME ON !!" A couple of brothers grabbed him under the arms and dragged him kicking and screaming out of there backwards....he was never seen again.

I laughed out loud at that visual. It sounds so...well...cultic!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass
    One evening at dinner time a guy suddenly burst through the double swinging doors into the dining room swinging his arms and bookbag in the air shouting " I'M GOING OUT IN SERVICE IN HARLEM....ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME...COME ON !!" A couple of brothers grabbed him under the arms and dragged him kicking and screaming out of there backwards....he was never seen again.

I didn't see that, but a couple of similar instances. I was disturbed at the number of what was called "nervous breakdowns". Some brothers within a MONTH were so disallusioned they had to sent home. The disconnect between what was SEEN and EXPERIENCED at Headquarters VS what they had grown up BELIEVING BROKE many into little pieces.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Great Story Biff!"

I had already turned in my notice to leave within the month..so I hid them and told them I threw them out. They found them again right before I left and wrote a letter to my congregation telling them how evil I was.hahha..i hate those bastards"

Got any more?

• zengalileo
    zengalileo

Walking in on brothers masturbating. 3 times. Paul Chavar####, Joe Neiderhi###, and Matt Olem##.

Being forced to write positive reviews for official Osha documents. I wrote in under the section that asked the individual their opinion on the safety program. I was told that all the answers to the questions were to be Yes, and the highest rating should be given in every category. So I wrote in that they should not be telling the Bethelites what to write on the form because it is supposed to be a personal opinion for each person. Well, a half hour later Bob Sch@@n and Dan Mar$#al called me in and told be to erase what I had written. (This is in my first week by the way, at the Farm.) I told them that I could not in good conscience erase it. But I told them that they could erase it if they wanted to. So Bob took the pencil with a sound of disgust, and shaking his head and erased my comments.

Getting drunk in the picnic grounds behind the A building with Matty Ole###, Randy Babbi##, Shane Ol$#^, My brother Danny, Ruben Po&&a$ and Chris D@R@ (trying to keep full names obscured here.) One time we almost got in a gang fight with the paint shop a$$holes. Ruben threw a beer bottle at them barely missing one of them. Ruben was plastered. Then the paint shop guys came over and started asking questions like who threw it and how many beers we had drunk. We hid Ruben cuz he was the drunkest, and I did all the talking being the least drunk. we talked them into forgetting about it but there were some tense moments. Like we were going toe to toe for a few moments.

Getting in a fight in a car with Dave L@ck. He was mad about something that happened in a football game on TV and when he got in the car he shoved me over. So I took his head and rammed it several times against the back door window. Then one of the guys in the front seat, jumped into the back and came between us.

Shane Gat#s telling me after I challenged him on some stupid issue I can't even remember, that I should "never challenge an elder." Then playing baseball with him, I was pitching him bad pitches on purpose cuz he was sucha dick, and he went off on me, stopped the game and accused me of doing what I was doing. I didn't admit it of course. Finally after he cried about it long enough, the other team gave him two extra pitches. he got a good hit unfortunately, but man he couldn't take losing. total cry baby.

I almost walked in on Cindy Pe**s and Don Lar$#n "practicing" in the stairwell. She played clarinette and he played sax. They both got caught cheating on their mates with each other soon after that. Willie Pe**s is still at Bethel I have heard.

Butch Braina$d grabbing me and pulling me off the feeder stand because I insisted on rotating jobs and Butch wanted some other operator to get a production record. This almost turned into a fight cuz the way he grabbed me and pushed me off. It would have been an assault if I had called the police. I should have.

Me and Sheri Braina$d had a little romance going on for a while. It got real intimate, to the point I had to ask to be transferred. She pulled me aside one day and said, "You know that song "It's sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along?" That's how I feel about you." I just walked off the factory floor and went home for the day. I didn't know what was happening. Then the next day I asked for a transfer. I was such a good boy. If that happened today I would tap that no hesitation!

Stuff I did:

Walking through the dining room with a pillow and blankets in my hand and people asking me where I was going, and I said, "to do my all night watchman." people were like, What the hell? you are taking a pillow and blankets to the Watchtman booth? Nobody ever confronted me about it.

Steal mail sacks and use them to carry my stuff in. I had a collection of sacks from other countries. On each one it said, PROPERTY of the Austrailian government etc. I carried them all around Bethel. One guy asked me about it once, I just said, "i'm borrowing it.'

Taking many many blank cassets from the stationary store and making mix tapes with them. I NEVER contributed for literature when I was at Bethel. In fact even after Bethel I never gave a dime again for any literature. I figured, I gave at the office.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit