Do you have to deal with a psychopathic person?

by moshe 58 Replies latest social family

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My father was a narcissist and psychopath. What troubles me is that he conformed his behavior outside the home. If he had a brain disorder, something beyond his control. he would have been arrested or fired many times. So he could conform his behavior which makes the chaos and violence at home even worse in many ways.

I hated playing secretary and being deferential to mental midgets. They were strict. I would not hire me for the jobs I held b/c my background info available to me showed I would be very unhappy. So I had a long list of supervisors that annoyed me. Within the past few years, I held a job for the disabled to re-enter the workforce. I was a license tech. In decades of working, and many temp jobs, I never met anyone so abusive. The other people I did not relish but they were decent. She preyed upon the disabled. It was so far from a routine business atmosphere I could not believe. She would have made a great slave overseer in the South. I filed a complaint with the state. Altho people suffering serious stress illnesses due to her attitude, it is always a matter of corroboration. I would easily term her as evil. She broke many employment and privacy laws. Employees stormed out routinely. If we organized as a group and filed a group complaint, there would be corroboration. The state's attitude was disabled people should accept crumbs. Why should an employee of ours be bound by business etiquette and law. I think individual JWs who left faced the same situation with the WTBTS. The Internet has beeen a saviour.

I've read about narcissism and psychopaths and I don't just get it. Well, I don't get schizoprhenia either. Many narcissists are abuse victims yet they remain a small segment of the abused. Reading about temperament spooked me. It does not seem to be a conscious choice. Or maybe it is. It is so foreign from my own experience.

• ziddina
  • Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

My boyfriend is a psychopath.

Great thread btw!

• moshe
    moshe

CE- you must be a normal person. In my experience the mental cases seem to pick a normal person to torment. I asked my crazy 2nd wife a question in counseling- "if she found out I was taking the same meds she was and had the same mental history she did, would she have married me- "No", she answered, it would have been too hard- dealing with my problems. And she was right- two crazy people will pull only drown each other faster.

• talesin
    talesin

My brother! Fits the classic narcissistic pattern of the sociopath, and has no conscience when it comes to getting what he wants. A lot of folks think sociopath means Ted Bundy, but cases like that are the extreme end of the spectrum.

Usually, sociopathic behaviour is not apparent until you cross them; then, look out.

Good topic.

tal

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

moshe: CE- you must be a normal person. In my experience the mental cases seem to pick a normal person to torment. I asked my crazy 2nd wife a question in counseling- "if she found out I was taking the same meds she was and had the same mental history she did, would she have married me- "No", she answered, it would have been too hard- dealing with my problems. And she was right- two crazy people will pull only drown each other faster.

Yes, I'm 'normal'. He doesn't torment me though. He's very kind to me.

• moshe
    moshe

I used to live In Illinois- there is a city called Normal and another called Oblong- years ago a real local wedding announcement read-" Normal woman marries Oblong man."

• ballistic
    ballistic

A recent documentary on the subject in the UK made the point that the ruthlessness and lack of fear shown by psychopaths has led them right to the top of many many political and commercial organisations, so I doubt not religious ones too.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I used to live In Illinois- there is a city called Normal and another called Oblong- years ago a real local wedding announcement read-" Normal woman marries Oblong man."

Lol!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

CEOs tend to be psychopathic and very narcisistic, or so I've read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit