Weird things JWs can't own or wear

by lilbluekitty 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Free!!
    Free!!

1000% agree w FS.... JWs ARE controlling with ATIRE... if not, please explain to me how come wearing pants is a no-no for women when going to the hall, but is ok for the men?? And please do not give me the "women should dress like women" excuse, because if the JWs are following the 1st century Christians then men should wear robes just like them.. no pants!

• talesin
    talesin

Also rebuked for having hemp hand cream by same sister, after all hemp is a form of pot!!!!!!!!!!!!! idiot that I am.

lol @ LITS ,,,,, drrrrr,,, she is really stretching it, there! Oh, man, I gotsta buy me some of that hemp creme,,,, it's good shit! LMAO!!!

tal

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

having an open mind is a big no-no

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Horn jewelery – why on earth would somebody want to wear horns on their heads? What are they teaching young girls these days?

Jewelery Made from horn (or antler). Bloody git!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Beards.

dad: (jw) visitors are coming next weekend, when are you shaving that beard of?

Me: give me a reason why I can not have a beard.

dad: why dont you hang around naked while your at it.

me:

• clarity
    clarity

Another thing that got a round of applause last nite.

Men & boys must not wear their caps backwards ... because it is a sign of REBELLION! {km ?}

Not only that ... brothers must not even wear their 'hard hats" backward when working on jw construction projects!!!!! {more clapping} WHAT!!

clarity

• Jewel
    Jewel

I got in trouble once as a teen because an elder spied a sci-fi book that I was reading and left laying on a table...2250 AD I think it was. Mom and I both got a lecture and then she went through my books and picked out a bunch that I was ordered to take out and burn in our burn-barrel. Some of them went, but I remeber chucking some under a big peony plant and then sneaking out after she was in bed and bringing them back in.

Justification: we know what the future holds...Jah's New Order....

• isojourn
    isojourn

Such silly rules. No wonder they're insane. The Congregations in the southeast tend to take up a notch.

and yes...

In some areas, extremely long skirts and dresses are considered immodest
    I've noticed dubs treat people with incredibly pale skin and dark hair like they're worldly and "gothic"
    Oh yeah goth clothes are considered evil and even if you just wear black a lot they think you're goth

My goodness, right before I left. Elders were hounding me for looking "goth" because I had dark hair and pale skin. So I took out baby pictures of myself to show it was natural. I'm not THAT pale. I am half Colombian. These elders were truly bored.

• TheUbermensch
    TheUbermensch

I'm sorry but I noticed that you said

"Men-Don't dress like slobs"

I have always been interested in suits (and worn them), studied the history, designs, upkeep, and etiquette concerning them. JW men are some of the WORST dressers in the history of mankind. Half of them don't even know how to iron their clothing, buff their shoes, or tie a tie. They also wear awful combinations, including the contemporary, popular (horrid) bright colored dress shirts, and the contemporary, popular (horrid) metallic plaid ties. The choice in shoes is also quite pathetic (rubber soles... really?). I've also witnessed (aha) many JW's wearing silly, awful, nostalgic ties, including sports, beer, and gambling ties (the ones with cards and stuff). When I went to meetings I always wore a fedora (not those horrible modern conceptions, like the Trillby) so where did you get the "no hats for men" thing?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Not wear hardhats at a construction site. The insurance policy must require hard hats. Local law may require hard hats, too. Very stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit