An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Nobody is saying that anyone 'sent' the tsunami. But sure as shit, nobody stopped it either...that's the point.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Go on tec...admit it...you don't KNOW that god did not send that tsunami....it won't hurt...I promise....still thinking
    Everything that I know about God, through Christ, tells me that he did not send that tsunami. I cannot make a statement other than that one...tec

What? you can't make a statement that you don't know something? Gosh

• vanyell
    vanyell

I'm gonna throw in my two cents into the ring.

1. Humans have "free will", if we are going to take the view that God is omnipotent (according to the Aquinas), that all things (good or evil) are guided by God, then there is no free will.

2. If human are to really have free will, then God cannot control our choices. I can't remember where this story was taken from, and it goes something like this: "I complained to God about why He let children starve to death, allows the homeless to freeze to death and a whole lot more unfairness and injustice. After a long silence, God answered in a quiet voice: "Yes I did something. I created you."

• tec
    tec

Still, I have made plenty of I don't know statements. Even on this thread.

Nobody is saying that anyone 'sent' the tsunami. But sure as shit, nobody stopped it either...that's the point.

Well, that's the fact... the points being garnered from that fact are opinion.

Peace,

tammy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The awesome logic of AK-Jeff and Cofty is what is flawed.

True believers know that everything good is from God and everything bad is not His fault.

• tec
    tec

Welcome to the board Vanyell.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

why not?....he warned us there would be disasters....he did it before....makes sense to me...still.

I find that this is a pretty big leap to make... and based off even less evidence than you are asking from people on how they know there is a God....tec

actually...that is based on more evidence than you are providing tec...and that evidence is flawed too.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

the points being garnered from that fact are opinion.

ouch

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    the points being garnered from that fact are opinion.

He couldn't stop it or He wouldn't stop it. Also FACTS!

The rest is solid logic and philosophy that some choose to argue against with weak logic, no logic at all, or the same old philosophy I posted in my last comment above.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Still, I have made plenty of I don't know statements. Even on this thread. ...tec

Yes tec...but NOT when it come to statements you make...then you seem to KNOW.

Nobody is saying that anyone 'sent' the tsunami. But sure as shit, nobody stopped it either...that's the point...tec
    Well, that's the fact... the points being garnered from that fact are opinion. ..poopsie

how is opinion saying no one stopped it? No one did...it happened...the conclusions we are making aren't being claimed as fact...just observation.

Your conclusions however...are irrefutable..........to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit