An Old Argument.... does it hold water?

by AK - Jeff 1495 Replies latest jw experiences

• still thinking
    still thinking

sorry poopsie....please stop hurting your head.

• tec
    tec

*head banged out of love and a wee bit of frustration*

This does not help me to know what your frustration is about. (the love, I know, lol)

Bu saying faith is a neccessity you are in effect reflecting the JW mentality, that most of the world's population are not deserving.

I do not know how you put those two ideas together into one statement. Faith is necessary... those without it are not deserving. (deserving of what?) How do you have the latter coming from the former?

I think I have a fair understanding of your faith now tec...it truly is faith...based on.......

Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I see what you are not understanding about my faith. I know God BY knowing Christ. I see God BY seeing Christ. So if I am uncertain about something about God... then I look at Christ to understand the truth about God, in any matter.

Sweetie, I think everyone understands this about the nature of your faith. We're trying desperately for you to see the flaw in that logic.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Or perhaps the people attributed it to Him sending it, when He was just warning them of something that was coming? Or perhaps it was the only way to end a greater evil? I do not know for certain. So again, I look to Christ.

So, in effect...you are saying you don't know....so how can you state he did not send the tsunami?

• tec
    tec

Still, why would I even think he sent the tsunami to begin with?

Sweetie, I think everyone understands this about the nature of your faith. We're trying desperately for you to see the flaw in that logic.

If there is a flaw in it, then why not just state that outright?

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

why not?....he warned us there would be disasters....he did it before....makes sense to me.

*edit....God that is tec...so please don't change that to Jesus again.*

Go on tec...admit it...you don't KNOW that god did not send that tsunami....it won't hurt...I promise.

• tec
    tec

why not?....he warned us there would be disasters....he did it before....makes sense to me.

I find that this is a pretty big leap to make... and based off even less evidence than you are asking from people on how they know there is a God.

Peace,

tammy

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

TEC!!

• tec
    tec

*edit....God that is tec...so please don't change that to Jesus again.*

Still, if Christ would not do it, then neither would God. That is the point of having Christ showing us God... of having the Image of God here, so we could see God through Him.

Go on tec...admit it...you don't KNOW that god did not send that tsunami....it won't hurt...I promise.

Everything that I know about God, through Christ, tells me that he did not send that tsunami. I cannot make a statement other than that one.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

POOPSIE!!

(you still haven't pointed out the flaw in an outright manner.... I honestly have no idea why you 'bang your head against the wall'...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit