Watchtower STUDY EDITION - Vehicle for Vitriol and REALLY crazy statements?

by punkofnice 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"The topic police are slow to anger, but we are sure of purpose once the evidence is clear."

Haha, so you are saying that you harass and threaten to kick out anybody that dares disagree or question the anti-Witness sentiment on this forum? Face it, you guys are EXACTLY THE SAME as the group that you hate so much. If you were actually different, then you would warmly welcome dissenting views like Teary's now wouldn't you?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

MrMonroe & Teary Oberon - When the elders were chasing me for 'apostacy' they wrote in a letter that they wished to discuss my 'MEMBERSHIP' of the organization! (I had hoped it'd come with a 10% off loyalty card.....no such luck!)

Jamie Woods and No Room for George - Trolling is something I've seen on forums over the years. Not Happifying! Trolling folk might make statements about their returning under different guises like this?

Tearys are like cats -- they have multiple lives. So when one dies or goes away, another can just take his place. . . . Teary Oberon
  • agonus
    agonus

Yup. Nobody "kicks out" or "disfellowships" trolls from the forum, they usually leave of their own accord when overwhelming evidence that something is rotten in Denmark comes to light. The kitchen gets a shade warm, they bolt, then reappear under a different guise.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Nothing new under the sun.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "....When the two versions of the Watchtower started, I wondered how much clearer it could be that the Society is speaking two languages, like a cult, rather than the pure language of truth. What other reason could there possibly be for having two versions of the Watchtower Magazine.
    (Zeph 3:9, "For then will I turn to the peoples of a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of Jehovah, to serve him with one consent." American Standard Version)
    A pure language should be the aim of a truly Christian religion, not two languages. ..."

EXCELLENT point, Scenic Viewer!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Punk of Nice!! Hugs right back at'cha!!!

You said,

"I wonder if this means that individual congregations won't take a count of how many ate the crackers and supped the vinegar? ..."

Good point...

Those of you who will be attending the "Memorial" in 2012, keep an eye open...

See whether the brothers are surreptitiously 'counting' the partakers, anyway...

Could be interesting...!!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    See whether the brothers are surreptitiously 'counting' the partakers, anyway...

Oh, I think they will most assuredly "count" - even if they have already decided to no longer publish the number.

Too much temptation for their curious, controlling nature.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yeah, James_Woods, I suspect that there'll be a "secret" count, from now on... Almost makes me want to go to a Memorial... [bleeeaaahhh...]

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Teary: And here is the article discussing the "mentally diseased" issue: http://tearsofoberon.blogspot.com/2011/09/laying-to-rest-mental-disease-nonsense.html

1 Timothy 6:4 is nothing more than name calling when you boil it down, like your blog has.

Rather than refute who you purport you are refuting you have actually exposed the Bible's usage of the fallacy ad hominem [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem] and therefore discredit the Bible, by your own definitions, as the word of God.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have always used the Bible's more colorful choice of language to add credibility to their self-constructed divine image, as well as discredit their enemies, the Watchtower's enemies, not God's.

Your blog is an elaborate red herring to the real issue at hand, nothing more.

-Sab

• agonus
    agonus

Mentally diseased or not, Paul disagreed with the "Governing Body" of his day, and Jehovah used him to write part of His Word, no?

• designs
    designs

Reminds me of WWII propaganda films on dehumanizing techniques.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit