Are you including family members that has shun you for years in your will?

by jam 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Jam,

Did you raise this child as a JW? My boys shunned me but I respected them for it. I taught them to obey the JW's org. They did it because they LOVE me and thought it was the only right way to help me return. WHY can't you see this? This is YOUR fault if you RAISED them as JWs!!! Not theirs. What did I do? I sucked it in and got reinstated just so I could talk to my boys. My oldest one who loves me with all of his heart in tears asked me if what he did helped me to come back. Truth is, YES, I never would have for sure. I didn't break his heart and tell him I no longer believe it. Because I got reinstated I have been able to place doubts in his mind. It is true, now he is fearful of me being "apostate" but we all know why. These children are confused. If you at one time was fighting for the JW cause and then left your children out there on the battle field because you no longer believe... It's your fault not theirs. I went back into the battle field to get my children out. That is where they are. Your child is where you left her/him. Now you are hurt because they wont talk to you? So now you want to show them and keep them out of your will? That will only reinforce what the WT says about you won't it? That you really don't love them. If that is the message you want to send to your child then go for it. Leave them out if you don't love them. Personally I could NEVER do such a thing to my child. Loyal JW's are NOT BAD PEOPLE!!! They are captive to a concept. I know many here will disagree with me but face the facts. YOU raised them in this cult. Maybe you didn't... I know I did. I will LOVE my children even if they don't speak to me for the rest of my life. I suggest you do the same. Then the pain in your heart that you are feeling will go away.

Your brother in Christ,

Greybeard

P.S. Edit:

By the way... I got DFed because I got a DUI. I felt it was wrong that they DFed me so at that time I researched everything on JW's. I learned "The Truth About The Truth." Even though I never wanted to be a JW again, I owed it to my family to "REPENT". Now if I get DFed again.... My children won't think it is because I sinned and couldn't man up... It will be for not believing all the false prophecies. They know how I feel now and only because I got reinstated. Now I am fading out... MY WAY

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That's great thinking, Greybeard.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

I am the youngest of 4 girls, all of us raised by our JW mother and our non-practicing Catholic Father. The eldest and her 8 kids shunned me and my sisters over 20 years ago because we choose not to be JW anymore. So our contact with our eldest sister and the vast majority of our familiy has been very nil. Elder sister made elaborate plans to take care of our aging parents, come to find out they bilked them out of 150 grand. Mom demtia and Dad with Altiheimers (sp). It took me 6 months, two fiancial advisors, two attorneys and Adult protective services in two states to gain custody of my parents. Now our eldest sister has died after 5 years of me taking care of my parents. Father died in 2010 and they (my sister's kids) expect me to promise them their mother's share of the estate? I don't think so.

• jam
    jam

Greybeard; I understand where you are coming from.

I will always love my kids, but to be frank, I am tired of

being kick in the rear. Four kids, two out two in. One daughter(JW)

stay in contact, the other one A hard core JW, would not

give me the time of day. In the last 15yrs. I have spoken

to her twice. The first time about 10yrs. ago, she ask if

I could co-sign for A house for her and her husband, no

word from her five years previous. The second time about

seven years ago, I was selling my condominium due to health

problem(lost job). She call me up to see if they could buy

my condo. Not buy it but to take over the payments. No visit

while I was in the hospital or call. As A Witness I did not raise

my kids to be so cold hearted, this is not what I taught them.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That really sad, Jam. Kids should show more appreciation for their parents. They should never take advantage of them.

• facebeauty
    facebeauty

Yup, kids should be respectful for their parents.

• jam
    jam

Quarteback: My parents raise Six kids, Father A janitor,

Mom A school teacher. After raising four kids of my own

it help me to appreciate the sacrifices they made for us.

No way in hell could I justify that kind of behavior toward

my parents by me. Up till the death of both my parents

I often told them how much I appreciated what they have

done for us kids.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I agree with Mr. Freeze- I don't have a will but if I did only people who care about me would be in it.

My relatives have nothing to do with me either- because I left Judaism.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Nope, I'm leaving all my money to the WTBTS! That's what my kids would want after all, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit