Encouraging sigleness

by Dudu 36 Replies latest social relationships

• Dudu
    Dudu

do you think is one of the unhealthy teachings among the WT? I mean humans has been created with emotional and physical needs that relationships provide, right?

• cult classic
    cult classic

I think singleness has loads of benefits. And I think young people would benefit from spending some of their adult years single and free. Time taken to get to know yourself and live for yourself is invaluable.

But, WT world encourages a weirdness to singleness. No dating, no flirting, no leaving home or getting an education. Spend that youthful energy "promoting kingdom interests."

And that is what makes what should be some of the best years of your life a total dud.

• Dudu
    Dudu

i totally agree, and i meant singleness in the watchtower way too,,, that was the only one i knew :S

• Dudu
    Dudu

i totally agree, and i meant singleness in the watchtower way too,,, that was the only one i knew :S

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I think they encourage singleness for several reasons 1) there are not enough eligible (word used very loosely here) brothers for the huge number of single sisters to marry-so WTBTS encourages them to remain single rather than marry a nice 'worldly' guy. 2) If what few brothers there are remain single, then they won't have their own families, homes, and lives to interfere with full time devotion to the WTBTS.

CJ

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I don't understand why they would promote singleness. Most of their baptised members are born-in.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Nothing should interfere with furthering kingdom interests.

• Dudu
    Dudu

yeah and you remain single, childless,,,, some never experience the intimacy of a partner,,, beautiful!!!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Gen 2:18 And God went on to say, " It is not good for man to continue by himself, so he made a helper for him, as a complement"

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

The irony is the one who probably wrote the articles encouraging singleness,probably got married before they were 20.

I tried to resist posting on this thread,but it's a sore spot with me. I wish I would have went to college out of high school and married a nice,worldly guy. Instead of,wasting it pioneering and watching all my peers get married and have kids.

I thought I had loads of time in the new system for that and life in general,putting my life on hold for the religion has got me nowhere,ugh.

....making up for lots of lost time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit