Why are Jehovah’s Witnesses persecuted and spoken against?

by mankkeli 21 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

This is taken from the reasoning book, page 201

Jesus said: “If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you.” (John 15:18, 19; see also 1 Peter 4:3, 4.) The Bible shows that the whole world lies under Satan’s control; he is the principal instigator of the persecution.—1 John 5:19; Rev. 12:17.

Jesus also told his disciples: “You will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name.” (Mark 13:13) The word “name” here means what Jesus officially is, the Messianic King. Persecution comes because Jehovah’s Witnesses put his commands ahead of those of any earthly ruler.

Does widespread persecution against the witnesses justify the selection of the organization in 1918 by christ?.

• wobble
    wobble

They were not "persecuted" in 1918/19, they were convicted for breaking the Law of the land in war time. They were never exonerated, as they claim, it was simply decided not to re-try them as the War was over,so Rutherford and cronies remained free for reasons of cost.

They are not persecuted anywhere today for simply being Christs brothers, or claiming to be such, they suffer because they are an obnoxious cult that causes unecessary deaths through their erroneous and murderous blood doctrine.

No wonder they are spoken against, and rightly so, but again, who berates them for being christian ? no one.

They never have, and never will, fit the criteria needed to fulfill any Bible prophecy.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Wobble - check out this video, conscentious objectors arround the world are facing hell

http://jw-media.org/vid/kor/conscientious-objection-e.htm

• wobble
    wobble

Makes my point beautifully, they are being persecuted for refusing military service, something Jesus never spoke against, in fact if you were impressed in to service by the military you were to "go the extra mile ".

Now, I admire their stand immensely, but they are not being persecuted for following Christ, but for following the dictates of a few old men in New York who do not have to suffer any deprivations personally.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Mostly it's in their imagination

The reality is their invisible to most people its a fantasy that they are a "theatrical spectacle".

• Terry
    Terry

I now see nothing to admire in stubborn refusals.

Reasonable refusals are a different thing.

How reasonable can a stubborn person be? Not at all.

When JW's are told to follow the orders of the GB there is no reasoning allowed.

Obedience comes before a rational thought is allowed to begin.

Obedience does away with your brain.

You become a reflex in service of someone else's thinking. A virtual robot.

Nothing admirable at all in permitting others to control you and eliminate your need for thinking.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

JWs are not persecuted. Criticism is not persecution.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• N.drew
    N.drew

The kind of obedience that comes before rational thought does away with the brain. And nobody believes the prophet who warns it's spreading. Hi Terry! Seems like a different forum without you. Please accept my humble "welcome back!".

What is spreading? Confusion, the kind that will never find world peace, is spreading. To believe a lie is confusion. Confusion causes irrationality. Isn't it spreading? Beyond even the false prophet, isn't it spreading?

• metatron
    metatron

Currently, Witnesses are receive opposition because they wreck families.

metatron

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Has any Jw EVER BEEN 'persecuted' on account of the name of Jesus? I think not. I think that they are disliked because of a lot of things, but it isn't about Jesus OR Jehovah. Hell, many people don't even know that they make any kind of claim to be believers of Christianity in any case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit