My Sister Died This Morning After Refusing Blood On Four Occasions.

by still wondering 78 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Scully
    Scully

Interesting your reference to Molech.

I've often made reference to the passages in Jeremiah where the nation of Israel was chastised for offering up their children as burnt offerings to Ba'al or Molech - the passages where Jehovah says that it was "a thing that I did not command and that did not come up into my heart."

"And you must say, 'Hear the word of Jehovah, O you kings of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem. This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: "Here I am bringing a calamity upon this place, of which when anyone hears, his ears will tingle; for the reason that they have left me and have proceeded to make sacrificial smoke in it to other gods whom they had not known, they and their forefathers and the kings of Judah; and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent ones. And they built the high places of the Ba'al in order to burn their sons in the fire as whole burnt offerings to the Ba'al, something that I had not commanded or spoken of, and that had not come up into my heart."'" - Jeremiah 19:3-5.
    "And you must say, 'Hear the word of Jehovah, O you kings of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem. This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: "Here I am bringing a calamity upon this place, of which when anyone hears, his ears will tingle; for the reason that they have left me and have proceeded to make sacrificial smoke in it to other gods whom they had not known, they and their forefathers and the kings of Judah; and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent ones. And they built the high places of the Ba'al in order to burn their sons in the fire as whole burnt offerings to the Ba'al, something that I had not commanded or spoken of, and that had not come up into my heart."'" - Jeremiah 19:3-5.

If human sacrifice was something abhorrent to god back then (well, maybe it wasn't, considering Jephthah's daughter...) how can it be acceptable now?

• Quandry
    Quandry

So very sorry to hear of your loss.

• nugget
    nugget

So sorry

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad almost 4 weeks ago, but he was able to live to be 93. It's even more difficult to mourn those who pass away when they still should have had many years left. But losing someone sucks no matter what.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I'm so very sorry for your loss

If someone could prove that the scriptures against blood were about "sacrificing to gods" and pagan ritual (old customs) couldn't one sue? I would think a bible scholar could find something of sorts..???

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh i'm soo sorry....

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I am so sorry.

Another victim of the Watchtower society.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

*Still Wondering*, you have written a tremendous essay. The points you made about the Society's ever changing policies on the blood issue while claiming to have been consistent, reminded me of a remark an elder made from the platform a short time before I decided to stop attending meetings. He said...

"The Society's position on blood has never changed."

And he said it in the most innocent and sweetest sounding voice you can imagine. At the time I heard it, I thought it wasn't quite right, but as I have learned more about the blood issue, and the dozens of changes that have taken place, I now realize it was an outright lie, and that the Society is extremely dishonest about it's history on blood.

Your observations about wrongful disfellowshippings, then those who were disfellowshipped never being apologized to or invited back, are very powerful. To me this shows that the true nature of the Society is to be heavy-handed, legalistic, controlling, manipulative. It sets itself up to be worshipped and obeyed regardless of the outcome to innocent followers. The Watchtower attitude is completely contrary to that of Jesus Christ, who showed love, mercy, tenderness, and a caring attitued toward people.

The cover on the 5-22-94 Awake magazine that you referenced, which was comprised of photographs of young people who had died over the blood issue, amounts to the Society proudly advertising the death of it's own people, including children, over it's man made rules on blood. While blood itself becomes idolized as the symbol of life when these artificial rules are followed, as you so carefully pointed out, the thing that really becomes the object of worship, and idolized in a big way, is the Society itself. It has elevated itself to the position of a false god, and it dictates life and death in areas where no humans should ever go.

It's sad that your sister has been lost. You can be assured that the words you posted here, making complete sense and exposing the Society's contradictory thinking on this issue, will have the positive effect of saving lives in the future. People will read this post, and be educated and enlightened by it.

I offer you a heart felt 'Thank You' for what you have written, and I hope you realize that the loss of your sister, while tragic and hurtful, will have a positive outcome for others. Best wishes to you, and you have my deepest sympathies.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Please accept my sincere condolences.

• dontplaceliterature

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit