Max Larson died today at 96 yrs...Watchtower President since 2000

by williamhconley 44 Replies latest jw friends

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Watchtower Society of New York President Max Larson died today at the age of 96.

Served in Bethel since 1938 (73 yrs at Bethel) long before Geoffrey Jackson & Anthony Morris of the GB were even born.

http://www.jw-archive.org/2011/09/bro-max-larson-died-today.html

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

125 views and no one cares... lol.

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

Bushy eyed brother, a friendly smile. Gave his life completely to the cause of the WTO. "Captive to the Concept" down to the end.

• factfinder
    factfinder

He provided me with some facts & figures I requested from him for a few years, then wrote an unfriendly letter asking me not to contact him again.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmmmm.....

So many interesting thoughts chasing all around through my mind!!

First of all, does this open up a power struggle for the "top spot"? Will internal strife and competition for the position of "president" cause another divisive conflict within the Governing Body?

Secondly, with this man gone, does this mean that more "young blood" will be introduced? He was probably old enough to be a 'non-entity', but perhaps not.

Will there be some new shifts in policy, due to his death? Or will it be "business as usual"? [I suspect that it will...]

Waiting with bated breath...

Zid the She-Devil

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

The ones that occupy "corporate" positions have little real power. The legal department has power. The service department has quite a bit also. Writing has a little too. But the seven men at the top have the vast majority.

• talesin
    talesin

I have mixed emotions about this.

On the one hand, I feel, such a long, wasted life.

On the other hand, I feel, a mass murderer has died.

tal

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhm, earlier Watchtower Corporation "presidents" - Russell, Rutherford, Knorr - have all held a good deal of power.

• nateb
    nateb

He once chatted with me while I was working on a wall in the connection to the 90 Sands property, almost twenty years ago. He was a kind old man that believed in the organization. Captive of a concept like all of us once were. I'm sad for his passing and hope that it was peaceful.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

WHO?

I thought he was a cartoonist...

And i bet a good portion of JWs have no idea who he was either!

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit