Max Larson died today at 96 yrs...Watchtower President since 2000

by williamhconley 44 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

There are many WT corporations each with a separate president.

I do believe he was not of the anointed, so not eligible for the GB. In 2000 the WTS made a point of moving all GB members out of any corporate positions.

Max Larson - WTS NY

Don Adams - WTS PA

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

He was in the society's film Heritage in the 1960's. He's seen here at 3:09.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Truthbookblues#p/u/6/tlie8JIihd4

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

He was the Factory Overseer, when I was in Brooklyn.

I wonder if his wife, Helen, is still living.

I recall him stopping by our Bindery Saddlebinder (Stitcher) in 1994/1995 when we were producing 'Examining the Scriptures Daily' on the 2-10 floor. He looked into our 'waste' barrel and recoiled in horror at how we were discarding booklets that only had minor defects. He promptly contacted our oversight and soon thereafter we lowered our standards for what was 'passable' in terms of quality. (This was roughly the time when the end of the donation arrangements was beginning to impact the bottom line. Prior to this, the Pressroom and Binder held fanatical standards of quality, with all minor defects being thrown out as paper to be recycled.)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting I wonder who will replace him. Does it even matter these days who is president?

I don't know what they feed them at bethel, but they sure live to a ripe old age.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Separate corporations as legal shields. But this is a religion with God's personal backing and support, isn't it? It's not a business, right?

Yeah, right.

• factfinder
    factfinder

He served loyally at Bethel all those decades. I'm sure he had a great deal of experience in factory operations. He kindly provided me with info I requested for a few years but I was dissapointed to recieve an unfriendly letter from him requesting I not contact him again. I saw him at Bethel during a visit after that but refrained from introducing myself due to his request. This was back in the 90's and I was still a very active publisher.

• factfinder
    factfinder

There will be something about him in an upcoming Watchtower since he died.

• life is to short
    life is to short

When I was at Bethel I was assigned to the construction crew. My husband and put in for the three month temporarily program hoping to be kept on as regular bethelites. Well we were there for two and a half years.

Every time Max Larson would come onto the floor all the brothers would run ahead letting the next floor now Max was coming so they would look busy. It used to irritate me to know end as so many of the brothers truly wasted time and it just all seemed so stupid to be as afraid of him as they seemed. Like he was this big boss the Donald Trump of the WT.

There was one overseer who was horrible who lot his temper a lot, yelled and threatened, etc. One day this guy who I was supposed to call a bother had a baseball bat he had started to carry around saying he was going to use it to bash in bothers who he did not like. He was joking of course but I truly did not find it funny in the least, still do not. It just made me sick.

Well one day this jerk just lit into me and another sister about something stupid, yelling and threatening us telling us we did not have a love for Jehovah and that he could get us kicked out of Bethel, etc. I called my husband up and we went to talk to Max about how horrible the language and conduct of this jerk was.

All of a sudden Max talked just like Karl Klein. He just mumbled and mumbled over and over. I kept asking him to repeat himself. He was sitting at his huge desk with his view of Manhattan behind him and he was just mumbling.

Funny thing the next time he conducted morning worship he could talk fine.

After that I had no respect for Max.

LITS

• minimus
    minimus

How do these "anointed" get to live such long lives?

• scotoma
    scotoma

He was a grouch. Typical shop foreman type. His eyebrows were EXTRAORDINARY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit