Today's Watchtower Lesson Really Bothered Me...

by dontplaceliterature 83 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I was a hair away from telling my wife I never wanted to go to the Kingdom Hall again after today's Watchtower. :/

The conductor mentioned something along the lines of..."If you think having to shun your disfellowshipped children is bad...you should read up on the Israelites. When one of their children was disobedient to the law, they had to take the before the Judges so that they could be stoned to death...and guess who's job it was throw the first stone?"

Don't they understand that we're not under the law anymore, that Christ nailed it to the cross? They keep dipping into the OT and making false comparisions. They truly don't understand the New Testament, the atonement, the salvation plan, or any of scripture for that matter.

http://144000.110mb.com/directory/jehovahs_witnesses_directory_beliefs.html

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In Israel, trials were held in the city gate. JW trials are held in secret away from scrutiny or defense of the accused, like the account of the Sanhedrin's blasphemous trial to condemn Jesus.

I don't recall that the Bible records any examples of parents using that law to kill a child. Of course, the Mosaic Law also required that a raped virgin must marry her rapist. Perhaps the"friends" should be reminded of that divine mandate.

• wannabefree
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

The Law was a tutor, leading us to Christ. Christ was the end of the Law.

Whatever happened to Jesus counsel at John 8:11: "Neither do I condemn you. Go your way; from now on practice sin no more."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit