"Mentally Diseased" are confirmed as offensive words of hate crime. Help needed, please.

by Amelia Ashton 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    he told us that unless the "mentally diseased" label is used face to face and personally, no crime has been committed.
    On a more positive note he informed us that his report would be assigned a crime number and entered into the UK's national database.
    This means the information we gave would be flagged up and could be used as a foundation for any future complaints against WTBTS.

We all know someone in the UK is going to get insulted with the WBT$ "Mentally Diseased" Label..

JW`s love to Quote the WBT$..

Now it`s just a matter of reporting it when it happens..

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• cedars
    cedars

OUTLAW - agreed. Those of us in the UK need to be vigilant and keep on our toes with this.

If anyone in your congregation uses this Watchtower as an excuse to make your life miserable, pick up the phone, and get the boys in blue on the scene!

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

You can show them that the context of the verse itself applies to anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, and that since you believe in Jesus Christ (assuming you do) those words very definitely do NOT apply to you, and you take exception to anyone who asserts that they do simply because you do not see eye-to-eye with Watchtower leadership.

I'm chiming in too late but it will be a bad idea to inject your own religious beliefs into the conversation with the police. They're not going to care what you believe if they're doing their jobs properly. They're going to want to see evidence of hate crime. I wish you only the best in your fight but I think you may have an uphill battle ahead of you. So what if the Watchtower thinks apostates are mentally diseased? Isn't it just their perception and perspective? Is labelling somebody as having a mental disease a hate crime? When you see a street person talking to herself and say "she is mentally diseased" are you guilty of a hate crime? The US Supreme Court has upheld the Watchtower's legal right to disfellowship and shun. They will likely be disposed to allow them their false perceptions, because the label itself is not hateful. I think it's more hateful what the Watchtower says about homosexuals, but nobody's managed to take them to task on it.

Cedars, I don't believe in Jesus Christ. I might paraphrase your comment to read "sure, people who don't believe in Jesus Christ are mentally diseased, but since you believe in Jesus Christ (you do believe, don't you?) then you're not mentally diseased."

Cheers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW - agreed. Those of us in the UK need to be vigilant and keep on our toes with this.

This is good..The Law has been explained..There are steps to this..

We Know a Crime "Will" be Commited..

We know we "Have to take Action" when it does..

The WBT$ has a Ticking Time Bomb on Their Hands..

How long before a JW Sets it off?..

Probably not long at all..

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/304699/304699,1272123594,1/stock-photo-time-bomb-with-dynamite-and-timer-on-white-background-51644698.jpg

..........................;-)...OUTLAW

• cedars
    cedars

Nickolas, yes you are chiming in too late, and no I don't think that people who don't believe in Jesus Christ are mentally diseased. Please withdraw that extremely ill-advised and distasteful comment. I was merely giving Amelia a way of explaining to the police the meaning of the word apostate.

What is it with you?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    He agreed that the words in article were offensive and if applied to any other minority group such as homosexuals or ethnic groups could be considered criminal in their own right. However apostates are not considered a minority group under the terms of the law and therefore are not protected in the same way.

But they can disfellowship people for being gay and that's OK.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its amazing what religion can get away with and how the governments have played some kind of role in supporting them.

There are two different set of laws that the WTS. operate itself on, the ones of most value and importance of course is the ones

they created for themselves as acts of protectionism and sustainability, the others being the ones handed down by government institutions.

When you stop and consider what other Christain based religions out there, would openly point a person publicly in their Churches and claim that

person is evil based on their behavior or by words purposed against the church itself ? And anyone who associates or talks to that person may

also be publicly announced as evil and should be shunned by all. I think all Churches should regulated as how they treat their members in a public form.

Saying things openly out in public or in print as it may be is something quite different than making comments about someone privately one to another.

The WTS publishing company has exploited and manipulated the power of god for themselves, for their own practical purposes and their acts of

protecting that acquired power are against many statutes regarding one's individual freedom and rights, particularly involving freedom of religious

choice without expressed hate and prejudice.

• cedars
    cedars

Cedars, I don't believe in Jesus Christ. I might paraphrase your comment to read "sure, people who don't believe in Jesus Christ are mentally diseased, but since you believe in Jesus Christ (you do believe, don't you?) then you're not mentally diseased."

Seriously Nickolas, that's the most mind-numbingly ridiculous thing anyone's ever said to me on here. Can you just apologise fairly quickly so that we can switch attention back to the real purpose of this worthwhile thread?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

that's the most mind-numbingly ridiculous thing anyone's ever said to me on here.

Well, you have been on here for only a little over a month. You need to be patient.

You seem to have your knickers in a knot, cedars. What am I misunderstanding? This is what you said:

Another thing you might want to keep in mind is that the words "mentally diseased" are taken from the New Word Translation's interpretation of 1 Tim 6:4. It might be worthwhile having your bible open at this scripture when they call. You can show them that the context of the verse itself applies to anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, and that since you believe in Jesus Christ (assuming you do) those words very definitely do NOT apply to you, and you take exception to anyone who asserts that they do simply because you do not see eye-to-eye with Watchtower leadership.

(bold added) Are you not saying the context of the verse you advised Amelia to show to the police applies only to those who don't believe in Jesus Christ and since Amelia ostensibly believes in Jesus Christ she should point out that she cannot scripturally (by that I mean the NWT of the scriptures) be accused of being mentally diseased and that she should take exception to the accusation on the basis that she believes in Jesus Christ? Perhaps I have misunderstood you. Please enlighten me.

• nugget
    nugget

canteave here on nugget's laptop!

Nick / cedars, our approach this afternoon was to let the article do the talking. We didn't use scripture, it was irrelavant to the point we were making.

I don't think amelia does ostensibly believe in Jesus Christ (well at least not as the son of god)!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit