"Mentally Diseased" are confirmed as offensive words of hate crime. Help needed, please.

by Amelia Ashton 122 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

cantleave - << Punk, there is a case running in the European Court on Human rights dealing with religion and homophobia. The right for Christian hotelliers to refuse to take in gay couples! That will be interesting..... >>>

Oh, wasn't that the owners of the B&B over here in the UK the other year?

Why not drag WBT$ into it HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Oh I just had a though...why not get big media involved?... The BBC aren't christian anymore and some TV journalists might make an issue of it? I am not an ex JW so impossible to do this.

• cedars
    cedars

Trailerfitter - I think this is a good idea too. I think maybe we should wait and see what the police reaction is tomorrow, and based on their response we can assist in any way we can with writing press releases etc.

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

Cedars you still wanting to make a film about the JWs?? Perhaps a documentalry on how the WT is cruel on ex JWs??

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Oh, wasn't that the owners of the B&B over here in the UK the other year?

That's right, the hoteliers were supported and financed by some religious group. I was always amused that the judge in that case was a Judge Rutherford. He must take some flack!

George

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8266097/Gay-couple-awarded-damages-after-Christian-hotel-owners-refused-to-let-them-share-double-room.html

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Ben Summerskill, chief executive of equality campaign group Stonewall, welcomed the ruling.
    "Religious freedom shouldn't be used as a cloak for prejudice."

Interesting quote . . . .

Thanks for the link George

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Everyone, I'm sorry. I didn't realize the OP was in the UK.

• cedars
    cedars

Amelia and Trailerfitter, I am sending you BOTH PMs to see if we can team up on this from a UK perspective. The way I see it, a press delegation comprising (1) an actual witness, me (2) a former witness, amelia, and (3) a non-witness husband of a new witness recruit, trailerfitter, would present a pretty broad perspective of the organisation.

Check your inboxes! Anybody else who wants to get involved in this project please PM me...

Cedars

• trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

No PM as oof yet..

• cedars
    cedars

Check now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit