WT Society Alters their History as " The Party " did in George Orwell's 1984

by flipper 69 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

" For, as regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth." - 2 Chronicles 16:9

"Big Brother is watching you" - 1984

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nice one 00DAD....................and...........................................

The Book of Life

Exodus 32:31-33 Moses knew of the existence of Jehovah's book of life, and realized a person's name could be removed (blotted out) from it.

Psalms 69:27-28 It is important to remain faithful to the one true God. Not doing so could result in one's name being removed from God's book of life.

Daniel 12:1-2 All of the dead will be raised for judgment, and some of them will receive everlasting life.

Malachi 3:16-18 Those who fear Almighty God Jehovah, calling on His name and serving Him, will be found written in the book of remembrance.

Revelation 13:4-9 A person whose name is not in the book of life will serve the beast.

Revelation 20:11-15 Many books are opened, one of them being the Book of Life. The dead are judged according to their works. Those not found written in the Book of Life will be thrown into the lake of fire.

Name taken from the Book of life?

Punkofnice......UNPERSON!!

Doubleplusgood!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I read 1984 about 10 years ago, before my mental exit. It bothered me greatly but I couldn't work out why at the time....a bit like The Truman Show...

• Quendi
    Quendi

Let me recommend another Orwell book that holds up a mirror to the WTS: Animal Farm. If anything, it is an even better depiction of the history of the Society starting with its founding down to the present day. Oh, can someone enlighten me on what BTTT means? Thanks.

Quendi

• blondie
    blondie

BACK

TO

THE

• PenelopePaige
    PenelopePaige

I picked up this book a few months ago but haven't gotten around to reading it yet, now I'm going to get it out and read it!

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the responses ! Once again I want to thank the poster FARKEL for recommending this book. He was right. Lots of similarities to the WT society and JW experience.

WAS NEW BOY- Thanks for printing that excerpt from the book. Jeez. No emotion, no feeling. Just a desire for power and control. Sounds like Watchtower world. Sick.

TOTALLY ADD- Hey there ! How are you ? That's good you are reading crisis of Conscience a second time. I did that and I picked up on things a couple years ago that I missed the first time reading it. But all those examples you give- it IS all evidence of the total mind control that the WT society has over it's victims ( members ) . It's a dangerous organization designed on taking away people's freedoms. Very scary.

AGONUS- Very true what you say. Although 1984 was written as a satire, still the WT society DOES use it as a handbook in how to treat it's members and everyone else !

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Indeed it shows what a cult the WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses are. My wife read 1984 years ago also, but it had been a long time since she was a teenager. I'm glad we are reading it again , her for the 2nd time, me for the 1st time.

RETROVIRUS- Very true. The fiction type stories the WT society puts out as " experiences " of wading through shark infested waters to attend assemblies is very much like " the Party " in 1984 trying to gloss and shine up it's own image to outsiders and JW's.

SSN587- That's great you were able to enlighten someone yesterday about the WT society's scams and errors. New light just means the WT society taught errors in the past and is trying to hide previous failures of false predictions. So true.

AUSSIE OZ- I would bet my bottom dollar that the WT society higher ups have read that book and used certain thoughts and ideas from it to control Witnesses.

PUNK OF NICE- It is ironic that Winston worked for the " ministry of truth " . So weird. And yes it was really creepy seeing children rat out their own parents in the book to " big brother " and the " party " leaders. Very much like the WT society. Thanks for a toss of fish ! I love eating fish ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

00DAD- Yeah, I think " Big Brother " in this instance would be the WT society for sure.

PUNK OF NICE- Creepy scriptures about the " book of life ". Weird.

MICKEY MOUSE- Yes indeed, it is a creepy book , but one that really helps a person to keep his mind and eyes open to dangerous organizations like the WT society that deceive people. Lots of similarities. Truman Show was creepy too. Someone's always watching.

QUENDI- You are the 2nd person who has recomended Animal Farm by Orwell. I'll have to pick that one up too. Sounds interesting.

BLONDIE - Thanks for the bump and explaining BTTT.

PENELOPE PAIGE- Yes indeed, if you purchased the book, I highly recommend reading it ! It is better than I thought it would be ! Very thought stirring

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I've always noticed 1984-ish behavior within the JWs since the first time I read the book as a teenager.

Some advice: Don't mention 1984 in relation to the Watchtower around any devout JWs.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Yeah, I want to read that. I need to stop spending so much time online and get back into reading and working out. I loooove the heck out of science fiction.

It sounds like we'd be good friends, Joliette! Reading was about all I did once I started waking up. '1984' is a MUST-READ for an ex-JW, as far as I'm concerned, right up there with Crisis of Conscience and Steve Hassan's books. 'Animal Farm' is an even more chilling tale, in my opinion, as it could almost be seen as a prologue to '1984', sort of like the Party's rise to power.

Actually, I'm sure '1984' was part of the inspiration for the music of my favorite band, the Protomen. That's why I love 'em. "No one was left who could remember how it had happened, how the world had fallen under darkness. At least no one who would do anything."

I think as I was watching part of the movie recently, I felt particularly disturbed at how the propaganda video's narrator sounded IDENTICAL to the Watchtower videos I've seen--even the same kind of imagery starts it out.

Absolutely dead-on as far as the Society's m.o.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit