I decided not to go back to the KH

by Bucholz 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome.It IS posts like this that make my day!!!!
    Lovely to have you aboard.... Yes enjoy freedom to THINK!!!
    We were given brains for that reason. Glad yours is being used!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    I was the little JW 'rockstar' in my congregation, got baptized at 10

Lol, I can totally relate. Glad your awake and out!

Make your circle of friends great, so that you won't have to rely on JW's.

• partydelights
    partydelights

Congratulations! You've made a wise decision.

Just concern... Have you thought about the "consequences" you're going to face? The shunning and such? Are you prepared? How?

Would like to hear from you. (To be honest, it took me about a year to fade. During this time, I secure all that I can, my wife, my children and one of two JWs that stands a possibility to fade with me. Today, I'm happy my family leaves WT with me intact, and a possibility the JWs will eventually leave.)

Just my concern: It's definitely a wise decision to leave. But please plan carefully so that the lost is manageable.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Amen, me too! After reexplaining to the brothers again and again the last days and generation - smeneration I said this is it .........and now we are enjoying all the same things you are. I would rather enjoy one year of existance without all that, than be rolled up into that mess again.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Bucholtz, welcome. Stories like yours are so important. They show lurkers the way out. You have a concise way of writing that is a pleasure to read. Clear writing, IMO, reflects a clear mind. The best of success as you taste your freedom.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Hi Bucholz, just like you, i got out because i did too much bible reading and research and realized jehovah was a bloodthirsty murderer. I'm glad you're out! Now you can celebrate your freedom and find your true self.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I decided not to go back to the KH

Congratulations!

Going to the Kingdom Hall, once you realize it's not 'The Truth', is like being released from prison, but returning to the prison for visits. It only makes sense if you're trying to help your old cell mates bust out, IMHO.

Best wishes.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Welcome, Rockstar!

Skeeter

• Quendi
    Quendi

I was delighted to read your post, bucholz. Welcome, and now "enter into the fellowship of the human spirit". There is much ahead of you that will challenge, excite, and stimulate you. But if you have made it this far, then you are certainly capable of continuing on. You will find real friends now, people who will love and cherish you for what you are, not what they want to make you into. And you have much to contribute to others as well. I am definitely looking forward to your future posts and the wisdom you will share with all of us.

Quendi

• Bucholz
    Bucholz

Thanks a lot for your comments guys.

@partydelights Yes, I have thought about the shunning and everything it implies, in fact even though my 'friends' from the congregation are not shunning me (I still have them on Facebook, Twitter etc) they no longer include me in their recreational activities, since I no longer attend meetings. I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't blame them or harbor any resentment towards them, that's just the way they were indoctrinated. Plus, I've been making some REAL friends, so I'm not alone. Hope to hear more from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit