London Ohio and Indianapolis Assemby Halls to be sold

by munchausen 50 Replies latest jw friends

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Just a thought as they are not printing 50 million magazines a month worldwide and they have kicked out 1000s of people from bethel why should they be asking for money at all
  • Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

Indianapolis location is still up for sale. Asking price 2.9M. It has been up for sale for quite some time now. I'm actually surprised that it hasn't sold. This location is prime real estate and like many cities it has been boom times for downtown Indy real estate as far as hip new downtown condos/apartments are concerned. Otherwise, it would make for a great concert hall.

http://www.officeindy.com/properties/1201_N_Delaware/Flyer/1201-N-Delaware.pdf

1201 N Delaware St

Indianapolis, IN 46202

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    This whole plan went bust. They tried getting land in Ohio and the community fought it. The community ended up winning. Last announcement I remember was over 5 million dollars has been raised. Guess what happened to that money? It went into the org coffers when they reorganized their building projects that all building projects must go through the branch. Just like that a 5 million dollar donation.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    This really makes me mad because this was the last time that I actually donated, and now to hear this!!! I hate the fact that my money went to the org! I thought it was supposed to go to the building of the new assembly hall. I live in SW Ohio and will ask about the project next chance I get.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Maybe this is why all building projects were stopped few months ago. They can't sell the properties so no profit.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I just talked to an elder in my hall here in SW Ohio who said that the millions donated are yes with the Society and that the project is on hold right now and may not be built at all. He said the Society is working on more important projects right now.

I thought to myself, "yeah, right, like building your cult headquarters in NY."

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I heard recently that the Indianopolis Assembly Hall was sold <finally>. I believe the buyer was a megachurch. The London assembly hall is being used as it always has, if it is for sale or not I don't know.

• blondie
    blondie

Sell old and WTS keeps profit not putting towards new propeprty

then

has rank and file donate money for new

win-win for the WTS

• Calebs Airplane
  • dropoffyourkeylee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit